Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Backyard Makeover

Last week I had a backyard makeover ...when I bought the house the backyard was very plain. It had 2 small pine trees, about 5 shrubs in front of the living room (which I had Josh dig up and plant at his house since he had some bare areas in the front that needed a little something).
And then the patio. Which you can see by the picture below is somewhat closed in. My plan was to open it up so you could sit in a covered area and out in the open and be able to see from all directions instead of just straight. Here you get a better feel of how the original porch looked....and what is going to be added.
Concrete has been poured for the porch and flower beds dug out. Also had to have my sprinkler system
re- done a little to accommodate the new areas that need water.
Another look at the porch area

In this picture you can see the 2 pine trees I had...not very big and no shade at all...need a little shade when you sit outside.
It's starting to take some shape now...you can see the porch has color....I had the stamped concrete done...flower beds are starting to take shape though there are no flowers yet.

The pine trees have been replaced with Red Oaks...I love them so much...so pretty and full...I had 4 put in the back yard.

Another view

This is the side of the yard where if you came from the front gate to the back.
I had this area gated off as you can see from the right side.
My plan was to put Bailey here if I needed to go out and leave him out as I can't leave him a lone in the landscaped areas.
My other plan is to also maybe put a few outdoor play things in this area for the grand-babies. If I put them down by the gate area I would be able to watch from the porch.
I already have a kids size picnic table and slide, now I may get a sand box and playhouse.
This is a view of the other side of the house. Here I had the pine trees moved. I'm also thinking of putting another tree, but a shade tree....this is also another area that I can put Bailey in while gone.

The yard from the back side...there is a little bit of a flower bed area behind me.
Outside my bedroom window
Another side view ...I am still standing on my property...probably where I will put the outdoor play area for grand-babies...along with another tree for shade.

Standing on the new porch looking out to the side.
On the porch looking off to the other side.
Don't you like how that stamped concrete looks?
I love it....has such a clean look.
I also had a water fountain put in. Wasn't sure if I was gonna like it or not...but I'm so glad I went with it. If I had kids living at home not sure I would have so hopefully I can get grand-babies out of it.
When Colton saw it the first time he wanted the rocks around it.

Here is the water fountain lit up at night...still doesn't show how pretty it really looks.
If you see the extension cord...it's temporary...the electrician has to come out and run the power to the house where no wires show. He is suppose to be here tomorrow.

I also have lights in some of the trees and landscaping...looks pretty. Please come over and sit awhile....your welcome anytime.
Today the gutter man is coming out. The house only has gutters on the front so this is something I need done to keep my flower beds looking nice, no marks on the concrete and to keep the ground from getting nasty.
The yard is pretty much done except for some grass in areas they need to bring out and that should be tomorrow as well....now I just need to get my patio furniture moved from the garage back to the back and see if there is anything else I need.
Thanks for letting me share.

7 comments:

Fonda said...

Gorgeous! Glad you had it done? I think you are going to be much happier with the new trees instead of the pine trees. I will be over soon for a cold glass of lemonade on the back porch soon.

Robin said...

lemonade???????????

Stacy said...

I really love it! Totally transformed your backyard! Can't wait to sit out there and have "lemonade" :)

Brenda said...

Yes goreous! You did good and everything is so prety your plans are great love the porch. Beautiful home and backyard makerover!

Kelley said...

I LOVE IT!! Looks like a totally different backyard! Don't forget about me when you have "lemonade"!

Allen and Rita Smith said...

You have inspired me!! I've been wanting to do something in my yard for so long but couldn't come up with anything. In fact, mom is suppose to be over this weekend and help me sketch out something for the backyard.

Allen may not appreciate my inspiration as I like to do things myself. By that I mean, I like for him to get out there with me and help me do it. Love the water feature!!!

Rita

August said...

I love your backyard... looks great!