Monday, July 22, 2013

The Family Vacation

This morning I sit here as today begins our 3rd evening of our trip.

Earlier this year I had decided to bring all my kids and my grand-babies to Florida for a family vacation. My mom has a hard time getting around being in a wheel chair and it has been sometime since she has been able to see her grandchildren let alone the great grandchildren.

So since my mom lives in Tampa I thought Clearwater would be the perfect place to vacation. Close enough to pick my mom up to come and stay with us...2 blocks from the beach so everyone can have fun doing things on and around the beach.

Rented a couple homes together that share a pool and hot tub...plenty to keep us busy if we choose and a nice place to relax if we choose.

Jenn, Liam, Noah, Hayden and myself arrived Saturday afternoon. We drove from Texas and had left 4 am on Friday.Tammy and her group took off Friday night around 11 pm. Jenn and I stopped over night in Tallahassee and by morning when we left Tammy and family were only a couple hours behind us.

Once at the house we were informed we couldn't get in to all the homes (2 and a cottage) because the group before us had trashed the homes out so we could only get into one.
It was a little disappointing but  understand somethings happen beyond someones control.

And then....the a/c units in  both homes is not working correctly...one worse than the other...finally cools in the middle of the night, is fine in the morning and then by 11 am steadily going up and by afternoon the units are froze over.

The agent seems nice but still I feel something isn't right and by now the second night I'm feeling like I'm getting the run around.

The a/c guy is suppose to be here this morning...not sure why he couldn't come before then...I'm sure it has something to do with island time and the weekend...but still....when you pay this amount of money and you have a big group you want things fixed and working...it's hot here...we're in Florida...just like Texas...it's HOT!!!

I have decided that if today it's not fixed not so nice and understanding Robin is gonna come out to play.

So...yesterday at 4 I picked up Josh from the airport....Paul will arrive Wednesday night and my brother who lives in Jacksonville will be here Friday morning....my family will be complete and hopefully cooled off.

I forgot to mention my cousin came to the house Saturday after we checked in ( I have lots of family in Tampa) and fixed dinner for us. She'll b coming Wednesday night to spend the weekend with me. 

Not sure what I'm doing today but ready to get out and enjoy the day...
Above is Tammy with 4 grocery baskets the night we got in ....her and Jenn did the shopping for our group of what will be 13....thank goodness I didn't have to do that...I have a hard enough time shopping for one.


1 comment:

Fonda said...

I'm with you...they couldn't really predict that someone would trash the house before you arrived BUT having air conditioning problems on vacation is NOT OKAY! Get an after hours guy in there and fix it already!!! Or give me my money back so I can go to a hotel. Hope the rest of your trip is better!!!!!