Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another Adventure...This time Fort Worth

This weekend I was suppose to leave for Forth Worth with one of my best friends. She had wanted to go and visit The Southern Living design home that was modeled there to get some home ideas. Apparently Southern Living builds a house every year in a different city that you can go and visit. Anyway...on Tuesday we had a conflict a rise...my friend needed to be home Saturday for her daughter's bridal shower (my friend had gotten her dates mixed up...something we all do from time to time)...Anyway after talking it through we decided to leave Wednesday night (after she was done at work and me with my attorney) instead of Friday.

We got in to Fort Worth (after several turn arounds...something I did a lot...I can't blame her, I was the one behind the wheel) and found our way downtown and checked into The Hilton. Downtown is very nice...but during the week nights it shuts down pretty early.

We stayed up to the wee hours of the morning just talking ....and of course slept in.

On Thursday morning we got dressed and headed to The Southern Living home. It was a nice home in a neighborhood they were just starting to develop. There wasn't anything really special about the home but there were a couple rooms that were different and that I personally liked. After we visited the home we decided to make a trip to the Stockyards. Upon arriving and just a turn away from the parking lot all of a sudden we heard an awful noise...at first I thought I hit something or ran over someone or something or that the street beneath me was caving in....but no..I had a blow out. Apparently there was a large metal object stuck between the bricks that made the road and I was the lucky one chosen to run over it...which sliced my tire almost completely across. As soon as we turned into the parking lot two nice guys stopped and offered to help change the tire.

The boys were nice...but where I'm from there more known as bubba's ....anyway...they were nice and did the job and it was awful hot...you could feel the heat pounding the black asphalt parking lot. Anyway...they got the job done and I'm forever grateful. Now this week my plans are to go to the tire store.

After the tire we headed across the street to The Cattlemen's Steak House for a late lunch. It was good...not the best I had ever had but good just the same. Most importantly, it was cool in the place after standing in the heat with the boys changing the tire.

After lunch we walked around the shops and did some looking around and picked up a couple things here and there until the shops closed. It was a fun afternoon.

We headed back to the hotel...and headed right out to enjoy the evening of Downtown. The next morning we started to get ready and head back towards the Houston area. It was nice driving to a leisurely pace and not rushing to get back. We stopped and had lunch. We also stopped in a small town that looked so cute and all the store fronts were very very old...we thought we might find something here but the look was deceiving and a couple of the stores had awful smells that made it hard to breath. So we got in the truck and continued home.

After dropping off my friend I headed to PetsMart to pick up Howie...my other grandchild...a Australian Shepard that belongs to Jen and Paul. They had left town Thursday night to attend a wedding on Paul's side of the family. So I picked him up so he didn't have to stay in the pet hotel the whole time they were gone. So, this weekend it's just me and Howie.

So...that was my latest Adventure...can't wait to see what lays ahead. Until next time, Be good!
Robin

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Ahh, the U-turns. I almost forgot about those. Thanks again for being such a good sport about rearranging our dates! I had a blast...and can hardly wait for the next excuse to get away!!!