Saturday, August 30, 2008

Me Against The Mosquito

Greetings from the beach....

I arrived Thursday morning at "The Beach House" and as I drove up the drive I was greeted by swarms of mosquitos outside my truck. Needless to say I had to make a quick run up the stairs to escape. Up on the deck it was okay, it was just down below where the problem was.

On Friday afternoon the same thing....tons of mosquitos as I left to go into town to get a few groceries. Coming back and making several trips up the stairs trying to dodge the mosquitos while carrying groceries was not the easiest thing to do nor was it any fun.

Yesterday evening I had cousins that stopped by on their way to their bay home in Galveston for visit...mosquitos not bad on the deck where we visited but again you could see them swarm their vehicle as they came and went.

This morning I went outside to do what I always do after I wake up in the morning...come and sit outside and enjoy the morning. Well...as soon as I opened the door I was greeted by the mosquito. By this time I was like.."Enough is Enough"! So...I went into town to the Home Depot to find something to help get rid of the mosquito.

I bought some stuff to spray the lawn. I was told it was the most effect and lasted the longest unless we had a heavy rain. I also bought a fogger for a quick fix that last for a couple hours and then some held hand foggers and spray for the human body. I bought a new hose that would take me out as far as I could go...100 feet...I want to make sure those mosquitos stay back. So...for almost 2 hours I've been outside spraying. Now the test will be to see how long will this last. I must say...while out there spraying the yard I was not bothered by any so I'm hoping the smell either killed them or made them run and hide somewhere else.

So now I'm doing what I do best...relaxing on the deck...lap top on my lap...a cold drink beside me. And for my friend that is looking for a new beverage...if you like grapefruit juice I'm having a vodka and grapefruit juice and it's pretty tasty. That might be something new for you to try.

It's very nice out here today...the wind is blowing a wonderful breeze, the sun is out...there are a few people on the beach...it's a beautiful day. I think in a bit I may lay down on the chaise and take a nap....Wish you were here.

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Sounds like the perfect evening now that you have banished the mosquitos to someone else's yard! Grapefruit and vodka, huh?