Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Cowboy Rides Away....

March 17th
St Patty's Day

We were all heading to Reliant Stadium for George Straits 
The Cowboy Rides Away
George is going to "retire" from touring.

I'm a season ticket holder for The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.  When renewing my rodeo tickets there was an option to purchase George Strait tickets but you had to take the same tickets you had for rodeo.I went ahead and purchased the extra tickets thinking I probably won't go but I'm sure I knew someone who wanted to go.Of course the first 2 people that asked were Kelley and my son in law Paul. At the time we did not know it was gonna be his last show.    

When it was time for tickets to go on sale to the general public I believe it was already sold out.Season ticket holders were given the opportunity to buy tickets before the general public.Fonda was lucky enough to get floor seats...I believe she may of been the only person that day that got them.She's a season ticket holder as well but gave her tickets to an employee and took her girls to George to sit on the floor.
 In the meantime I had decide to go to George...after all it was St Patty's Day and I needed to get Green on...and have a little fun with my friends...
In the words of Gretchen Wilson...
I'm Here For The Party!

Fonda and I had decided to go in on a limo and we would all meet at my house for a pre-party before heading out to the stadium along with 80,000 other people.

In the above picture is Kelley, Stacy, myself and Fonda.
Below is my brother...he was in town from Jacksonville so he was able to join us for George.
I know he must think...damn sister, you haven' grown up yet....
Oh well, that's a whole other story.
 Myself with Paul and Jenn....I had promised him tickets first ...We all had a good time!
 I loved having all the St Patty's Day stuff on...made for such a fun night.
Kelley and I with our Shamrock glasses on.
 It was then time to head out to Reliant as we weren't sure what to expect with that many people heading out for the show....plus the carnival from rodeo was still going on.

Below is Jenn and Paul and Fonda with her girls Meagan, Brianne and Kelli
Paul and Jenn with George in the distance...
 Martina who had opened for George also joined him on stage.
 It was a good night...good music...Kelley and I danced most of the night...
I'm glad I went...I do like George and he does have good music (and yes, he is a nice lookin' man)...I think because I saw him so much in the clubs before he made it big, going to a concert isn't a must for me...but it was nice to reminess of the past and of those that touched my life back in those days...I have tons of fond memories and think of them all often.

Hope you St Patty's was a good one...mine certainly was.

No comments: