Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Beach House Progress Update

As of today all the dirt work around the house is finished and the septic and been fixed. Now all I need is the well pump to be checked out, the electrician to make sure no water in the electrical lines and the roof.
The above picture is what it now looks like looking at the beach from the ground level. Before the brush along the dunes was so high you couldn't see the water from the ground. You can see the cedar brush (what's left of it) but I'm sure it will be no time before it grows back. As you can see it's turning green and it was all burnt after the storm. Nature has a way of reclaiming itself.
The picture below is standing back by the dunes looking at the house. Seems so weird because where I'm standing was all brushed up and I would of NEVER thought about walking out there or standing in it. The outside seems so plain right now.

Another view of the house. As I said before I only have 3 palm trees left. I plan on going out this weekend and buying some new plants to plant while they are 70% off. It needs some color around there. Especially in the back so I can block the view of the road.

In front of the house....this area will most likely become a road that wasn't there before to allow the neighbors to get to their house...they have no access either. That's something we'll all have to figure out and most likely share the cost in. Before it was just a small road that stopped in front of my house that we just used to park at. It just made the property a little more secluded. The county just never completed putting the road through. I lucked out for a short time.

If you remember or have ever seen a picture of the view from my deck (you can go and look at previous post in the archives to find a view picture before the storm) this is now what the view looks like. It's different, not as colorful, a little plain but it's still beautiful and something I have missed very much. I can't wait to get my deck furniture back out on the deck and sit down with a cold beverage and just relax.

I need my place to retreat back to. I've missed it but more importantly...
I NEED IT!!!!

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Wow, what a difference now that they have completed the dirt work. I know you are anxious to get back down there for some 'chill time'!