Friday, October 17, 2008

Beach House Progress

Today I went out to the beach house to see how the clean up is coming along and it's coming along. Here are few pictures.
The top picture is from the road turning in to the property...the driveway. Before Ike you would drive straight in and turn left past the first body of water you see. After Ike the driveway was washed out and to the left of that water was a big hole from washed out sand. We have had that hole filled in and made a temporary road off the drive so I can drive onto my property.

This is the back of the house but the side that faces the main road. We're filling in dirt where the dirt was washed away plus the dirt that was washed away from under the house. This back side use to be lined with palm trees and oleanders that blocked the back of the house from the view of the road. Now I only have 3 palm trees left when there was about 10 or 12...there were also some sago palms as well.

This is also the back side view.

view of the front...filling in big holes left by Ike.

And a front view of the house from what is now the new dune line. Kind of looks a little plain compared to before. All this used to be brushed up and is now just sand...it was full of debris but that has been moved. Now we'll wait and see how quick vegetation grows back. My neighbor said the house next to him that had their dirt work done a week ago is now showing signs of green popping up through the sand. It's all interesting.

Next week they should start working on the septic..the electrician will come check things out tomorrow...then I will need to get a well guy out there to check out the well and then start getting the roof repaired and then hopefully I'll be back on my deck before too long figuring out what's the next plan in putting back in the driveway. There are 3 of us that need that area fixed to get to our properties.

Did I tell you I still love my beach house and I still plan on having it for some time but I have decided that I'm not moving there any time soon!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Fonda said...

It looks so different...but I know that it will be beautiful again soon. I can hardly wait to sit on the deck with a good morning cup of coffee or an evening cocktail just watching the waves crash on the shoreline. Hang in there, my friend...the light can be seen at the end of the tunnel! Thanks for a wonderful afternoon of 'girl time' yesterday -- even if you took me to a three hankie movie and you didn't even cry with me!

Robin said...

What can I say...I think my heart is becoming harder these days....I enjoyed the day too and yes...to be on the deck again...it's about the only think I'm looking forward to these days.