Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beach House Update

Hope this finds you all well.

My brother John was down last week and helped me with getting some things started on the beach house. What a mess. To put back the dirt under the concrete and in places around the house we have to haul in 60 loads of dirt...and this is not dirt for the driveway. I still have no access onto the property since the drive that I shared was pretty much wiped out. Another neighbor in a pink house...you may of seen pictures of it when I posted pictures after the hurricane...it was sitting in water....fell of the stilts...anyway they brought in 26o loads and they have no access to get to there property either. Right now they are temporary using someone else's property but it's temporary. We may end up doing something together to gain access to our properties.

Oh...and by the way...the pink house...they are planning on having the house moved back and then fill in with dirt, put new pilings (stilts) in and putting the house back in it's place...should be interesting and expensive.

Also I'm having the debris cleaned up off the property by the same company doing the dirt.

The insurance adjuster came out and now a claim is filed so I'm waiting on that. Also I have to have some things on the septic replaced...something insurance doesn't cover. Anyway...thanks to my brother who got this whole ball rolling and who is still making phone calls for me since he's been back home. Couldn't of done it without him. The next step is getting a electrician out there just to make sure everything is okay before I flip the switch on...we are suppose to have power but I still have all my stuff turned off....I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Hopefully I'll have some new pictures for you soon to be able to see the the progress of the clean up.

Now after I get the lights back on and the septic fixed maybe I can start to go back and enjoy the beach even though the area is still being cleaned up...the only thing is right now I can't drive to the house I have to park on the road and then walk over....not something I especially want to do.

I'm just thankful that I haven't ran into the many rattle snakes I keep hearing about. I think that would just about do me in.

Well y'all take care...I'm off to bed to get some sleep while I can...Colton is spending the night and he's asleep right now. Tomorrow I'm off with Tammy to look at wedding cakes.

Be good!

No comments: