Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Looks like Texas is about to receive another unwelcome visitor. I guess this is what it's like to have a place on the coast...watch..wait...see...prepare. Not one of my favorite things. It's a little nerve wrecking to ask...should I or shouldn't?

So...I think I should. I guess Thursday I'm gonna go to the house and put up the hurricane panels just to be on the safe side. Even if we don't take a hit the storm is predicted to be pretty big and we could get a lot of storm surge and stuff. Plus I have a busy day planned Friday and won't have time to take care of this and Colton will be spending the night as well so I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

There's a part of me that would like to be at the beach house to see what the water and all will be doing but I'll have that grand baby and that won't be the place for him.

I will keep you posted on what is happening in our area and think of me as I'm putting up those hurricane panels Thursday....not a day I'm looking forward to.

2 comments:

Fonda said...

Hey, girl. I thought they were evacuating down there TODAY. Will you be able to get down there on Thursday? I am trying to take this one a little more seriously myself. I just have a feeling that we may be getting some bad weather wherever it comes ashore. I need to stock up on hurricane supplies anyway! Since when did we become the favorite predicted spot? I am not complaining since we have, thankfully been spared so far...but I just don't remember this from the past 20 years!

Robin said...

I've already been to the hosue and it's all ready for Ike...wasn't sure if I could get there tomorrow or not with the mandatory evacuation so i just played it safe.