Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike Update

Just wanted you all to know that I'm not having my permanent home in the country boarded...the eye is suppose to come right next to me and at a Cat 3 so we're preparing...I have also decided to shelter in place so I won't be leaving. Josh and Jessy are staying here at the house as well. Not sure when the next time will be that I can get on line. I plan on loosing electricity sometime late tomorrow night.

The beach house is going to almost take a direct hit the way it looks right now. the area is closed and they expected the water to be over the Hwy in front of my house this evening. This should be very interesting...2 homes to worry about. I guess as my blog say..."It Is What It Is"!

I will keep you all posted as soon as I can. Be safe!

2 comments:

Fonda said...

Just saw pictures from your area today and the water was nearly to the large bridge! Unreal. I kept hoping that they would show further down to the county beach so that I might see your place. I am going to check out the surf cam again to see if I can tell anything. Be safe! You guys take care of each other. Love you!

Robin said...

I saw the news too...of course...I beleive my house water completely underneath close to the underneathe of the deck...earlier I saw a home that a reconized so i'm sure my hosue was like there;s. Also some where their walk overs were crashed so i figure mine is too...I;m of set mind that the hosue will be gone by the time Ike has left the area.