Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm Still Here

Hello All....In case your wondering...I'm still here and okay. It's been a very interesting last 10 days. I've been to the beach house twice so far...still eery but it's coming along. I'm waiting to get an inspection on the house to see what my next step is. My brother who is in Florida helping me out some. I'm just lost and not sure what to do or how to do it.

My country home is STILL without electricity and looks like it could be another week. This is something that is almost pissing me off. I know other folks are in the same boat too but this is crazy. Our whole area and part of our neighborhood have electricity. We have been forgotten.

Today I went to the house (I've been staying with Jen and Paul) to check on things...the goat is good. The yard looks better but is still a mess. The house is starting to smell and bugs are getting in...it's gross. Just going in my house today was disgusting. Hopefully something will happen and soon but it's starting to get old.

Josh has been working hard trying to cut up trees and haul debris back to the back of the property. He's been working on his days off and going after work when he's gotten off during say light hours/ There are days he works alone and then days where he has a friend help. It's just unreal how much clean up there is.

Anyway...just wanted you to know we are still okay...just dealing with clean up. I will keep you posted. Hopefully on my next report we will have power.

Love to all....Robin

No comments: