Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And Then Came The Party

On Saturday January 30th, Jennifer (my oldest daughter) put together a party in honor of my
50th Birthday.
I knew there would be a celebration and I knew where it was but that's about all I knew.
It was held at a place called
The Lone Star Saloon
Located in Richmond close to home and ended up being a pretty cool place.

Below is my cousin Lonnie who lives in Tampa...she was my birthday surprise.
I knew she was invited and I was bummed when I heard she wasn't going to be able to make it. We have been talking about getting together and I figured this was a good time. I was told it was something she couldn't make happen.
Needless to say I was surprised the night before my party when getting ready for another engagement Jenn walks in my bedroom with a person with a sweater over them. I was to guess who it was and believe me it never registered that it was my cousin but I was so HAPPY to see her.
Also happy she was here to share in a special time.
Only down fall is that the visit wasn't long enough.
Jenn had the room set up really cool looking...decorative boxes with boas in them and a 50 sticking out.
The tables had pictures of me...recent and from the past.
Along with candies that were popular in 1960.....it was a neat set up.

Here she had a display of pictures along with a gift for everyone to take home, which was a bottle of wine.
The pictures were a nice added touch but now I see when it's my turn to go ....I know which picture will be displayed at my memorial service.....Can you guess which picture? (I am laughing so just laugh with me).
Jenn also had a caterer come in and fix fajitas.
There was also a photo booth which was the hit of the party and with me.
I loved it!
They had props you could use...we took tons of pictures....I think most of the guest used it...I know I did.
I plan on posting some of those pictures as soon as I get the CD...it was too cool.
It was a busy week with Birthday activities but one that was thoroughly enjoyed.
Thank you to those of you that helped in making my
50th year
one that I'll never forget.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Double check with me before you post some of those pictures! JK! I think Jim and I were pretty tame in the photo booth!