Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What A Week...Or 2

*****UPDATE***** added at the bottom since original post was made*****

Crazy would be an under statement!

Besides my usual time with grandchildren....I have decided to start a business. It's time I try to do something and at my age and this time in my life hitting the pavement to try and find a job isn't that realistic. So...with the help of Jenn (finally getting some use out of that marketing degree we paid for) I have decided to open a gift, decor and more boutique.

At first we decided to go the route of home business based....do some big shows and home parties and test the waters but after going to market my thought was....maybe I need a store. Today we went and looked at a home that is used for commercial...thinking I may just lease it out and give it a shot. It would be easier than loading things up and tearing down for shows. Plus I like the idea of a home instead of a shopping strip. Plus the cost is lower. It's in the right place so i think it will do good....at least I hope it does.

I've always wanted to own my own little store....I guess that time is now.

This past week Jenn and I went to market in Dallas and had no idea what to expect. It was scary, fun and tiring. We hit it hard for 3 days and still needed more time. Now that we are getting ready to open a store we need to hit another market. We not only need more items but more items that will work in a store that wouldn't of worked in a show.

As the time gets closer I will share with you the name, the location and the types of items I'll be carrying...hoping you all will come and check it out.

This is a scary and exciting time in my life...wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.

I have a feeling this may cut into my travels some. May have to plan around market dates.

The the grand-babies and their parents are doing good....growing by leaps and bounds. Josh turned 22 yesterday...hard to believe. Time just keeps marching on.

Thinking about heading towards the beach this weekend. After this weekend it's gonna be full steam ahead. Want to have the store open in about 2 months if possible.... As I stated earlier......CRAZY!!!!!!

******UPDATE******

Looking into another place so may not be moving quite as quick....it's okay to take time...I wanna get this done right if I can....planning more market dates right now....I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic I love it! Been wondering what you were doing missed you alot. You'll be great at this journey in life what a trip. I am so excited for you. Robin thanks for sharing wonderful news love you!

Anonymous said...

so enoy seeing the happy grandbabies and childern'pics on the blogpage

Unknown said...

that is so exciting!!! cant wait to check out the store!

August said...

Wow! So exciting!!! Best of luck on your business endeavors! I hope it takes off like crazy!