Monday, July 19, 2010

Florida and Family....Part One

Wednesday I took off for Florida with Jennifer and Liam.
The reason for the trip was to visit with my mom. I thought we'd make it a mini vacation and I rented a room at The Sandpearl resort on Clearwater Beach and brought my mom from Tampa to stay with us so she could have a little vacation as well. It was a beautiful 2 bedroom suite.
Liam had his own seat. I paid for Direct TV so he could watch some cartoons in hopes that would keep him occupied. In the picture below it looks like the cartoons are working. That's what they call....pictures are deceiving. Ha! Lots went on trying to keep him happy and keeping him from bothering the people in front of us in between the screams.
Finally he flew asleep....30 minutes before landing...it was a 2 hour flight nit counting the time we sat on the plane while people were boarding. He did fall asleep on Jenn but I ended up taking him.
I know...sweet baby!
Once off the plane we got the rental car and headed to the hotel to check in and grab some lunch.
Below is the view from one of 3 balconies we had.
And a view of the pool from the balcony.

We then headed to the grocery store...once back we got the groceries put up and we made the 40 minute drive to Tampa to get my mom. We got her and then stopped at the store so Jenn could get some toys for Liam.
Mom and I stayed in the car while Jenn went in.
When she came out I told her I thought the baby went potty. She got Liam out and layed him in the front seat. Next thing I knew she was gagging and saying mommy please...needless to say I had to get out and clean a messy mess...it was not pretty...and it was dark outside to boot.

Once we got Liam fixed we headed back to Clearwater but not before the GPS man took us on a little 15 minute detour of wanting us to turn right and there was no right. Finally got on the interstate and back to the hotel.


Next morning...this was the place to be...on the balcony enjoying some quite time...one of my favorite things to do.


Today was spent relaxing. We walked down the street and hot a couple of shops and came back cause it was so hot and I didn't want mom out in the heat for too long..
My cousin came and visited. We had lunch and talked for a few hours
Later we took Liam to the pool...he just loves water.

Late that evening Paul's flight got in....Jenn went and picked him up while I stayed behind to listen out for Liam.

So far the trip has been very relaxing...something I think I really needed.

More updates tomorrow.

2 comments:

Allen and Rita Smith said...

Love the views especially those of your feet. ha ha. Looks as though y'all are having a wonderful time.

Fonda said...

Awww, Liam didn't like flying? Poor thing. I know how he feels. He was probably distraught after dealing with the people at security! Or is that just me?

Love the ocean views! It looks like a beautiful resort!