Thursday, January 27, 2011

It Was My Day

Yesterday two of my very best friends Fonda and Stacy took me out for the day for my birthday. It was all a surprise, I had no idea what was planned but that I was booked until at least 5 and anything after that was gravy.

I was taken to a day spa where we were pampered with a massage that was out of this world and after that a pedi and mani. It was such a relaxing time and the massage was well needed. The massage lady told me legs and feet where knotted pretty good....that's due to being on them a lot more these days.

Afterwards we went to Saltgrass for an early dinner (we had not had lunch) and drinks.

Then we went to the mall where I picked up a watch and Fonda did the unthinkable...she got her ears pierced. All these years she had never done it...they looked so awesome! Stacy opt to have her cartilage done and I call myself the older conservative one of the bunch (lol) and opt to do nothing. I was the picture taker...lol

Then we headed to Silverados. a bar, game room movie theatre. We had a few drinks before our movie started and then we went and watched Country Strong...I enjoyed the movie, but not the end, I left feeling I needed closure.

Then the night was over and it was time for Stacy and I to be taken back to our vehicles and head home. It was a most wonderful day with my girls. It was wonderful to be pampered and to feel so special. Thank you my girls...love you!

3 comments:

Fonda said...

You are very welcomed! We had a wonderful time. It is always good to get together and CELEBRATE life together! (Of course, I am glad you also endure my gripe sessions when I need to vent too!)Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

Rita

Stacy said...

It truly was a blast and I am so glad you had fun! Glad we were able to surprise you! You deserved a special day!!! Love you!