Monday, January 24, 2011

This So Called Life

Wow...trying to gain some sense of schedule and time is not as easy as it sounds.

January is almost over and if this month has gone by this fast .... 2011 will be over before we know it.

So far we have rearranged the store. I went out and bought new (used but new for the store). It was bigger and taller and helped fill in the wall space and create more area to display merchandise. I went out one day to just look and found just about everything I needed. Bought it on the spot and the next day it was delivered. I closed the store the day it was to be delivered thinking it would only take one day....NOT...had to close the following days as well. What a difference the furniture makes.

Then...Jenn and I have been to market to find new items for the store and believe it or not, order our Christmas items for Christmas 2011. Jenn headed to Atlanta a couple days before me, which was right after they had received their snow storm. We headed back to Houston for less than a 24 hour stay and headed to Dallas for 4 days. I actually think Dallas was colder than Atlanta.

And in between all of this I have been trying to find my happy medium...my time for me...my time for house chores...even time to go to the bank which I'm hoping to be able to do tomorrow. I know I've been out of the work loop for 20 years but how is all this gonna come together.'? How did I do it all when I had a family to care for? And now it's just me...you would think I would be a pro...after all I raised a husband and 3 children, this should be a piece of cake...right?

I've been a little absent on the blog but hoping to get a little better at posting more often...it's just when I have the time to be on the computer for any length of tome, I get tired and fall asleep.

So...all is good and the family is good too...hopefully I will have pictures soon.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Welcome to the craziness that is owning your own business! You will get it...I know you will. It just takes time and lots of trial & error to find what works for you. Looking forward to our day of playing hooky tomorrow! I need a BREAK! Tell you all about it then.