Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Greetings From Boston....Day One

February 17, 2011
Annual Grandma's Gone Wild trip found us this year in Boston.
Fonda and I made the trip alone this year as Stacy couldn't join us but she will be back next year or else!!!!
We got into Boston around 12:30 and was able to get a early check in.
We stayed at The Lenox...a very nice hotel and the staff was very accommodating, friendly and helpful.
Below is a picture of our room.
After checking in we decided to walk the streets near and around our hotel.
Two blocks over was the famed Newberry Street. I heard and read lots about it as a must do. I enjoyed walking the streets and loved the way it looked but none of the shops got my attention to draw me in.
Below is a picture...love the buildings.
We stopped and had lunch and then headed out to find Fonda a coat as she left hers behind in Texas.
I think it was 2 hours later we found the mall and a coat.
Malls are not the same there as here and believe it or not we walked around it but never knew it was there and when we walked out onto the street our hotel was 1 block away right next door....
CRAZY!!!!
We had tickets for a show that has been running 30 years....Sheer Madness...we got to the playhouse a little early so we sat at the bar to have a drink to kill some time....there we met the bartender who was from Baytown and had been living in Boston for a couple years.
As it was time to head to the show we took 2 drinks with us as your not suppose to get up during the show.
Not long after it started I turned to Fonda and said....
I think I'm drunk....those drinks were strong but good...so I didn't let them go to waste...after all we were on
Grandma's Gone Wild.
After the show...which was wonderful by the way...we got on a bicycle rickshaw and headed to Cheers.
The outside was the same, the stairs leading down were the same, the Indian by the door was the same but that's about it....so we had a little fun a little food and maybe I had another drink.
Afterwards we decided to walk back to the hotel and walk off some of our night.
It was kinda funny that on our walk at the end of February we would find wreaths hanging on gates and people's doors and they were just as fresh as could be.
How cool to have your real wreath hanging up for more than 4 weeks and with all it's needles .
Oh...and by the way...the walk didn't help wear off those drinks.
Sweet Dreams!

1 comment:

Fonda said...

You crack me up!!! And...I could have sworn we searched for that coat for four or five hours!!! Seemed like it anyway!