Monday, March 19, 2012

Last Minute Travels

I ended up having a couple days off work which rarely ever happens so I figured it was a good time to head to Tampa and check in on my Mom.

It was a quick last minute trip...get in late Sunday afternoon and head back Wednesday morning as I had to work Wednesday night.

I decided to stay downtown ....not far from the airport and to give me that vacation type of feel.
All the times Ive been to Tampa I don't think I've ever made it down town..
Loved it!

I stayed at The Marriott Waterside...nice hotel...I had a balcony room and here was my view.

 After I got checked in I headed to moms and visited a couple hours and then headed to pick up my cousin Lonnie...she had taken off the next day so she was gonna stay at the hotel with me and we were gonna have the evening and next day to catch up.
I had called her to see if the liquor stores were open on Sunday cause I had thought I remembered they were...and I was right...so she headed to pick up my favorite before I arrived...we had drinks on the balcony and just visited...was very nice.
 In the morning this is what we awoke too (above)...was such a beautiful morning but the afternoon did get a little warm.....82
 After getting ready we had bloody mary's at the bar while we waited for the trolley to start at 12:10 to take us to Ybor City for lunch at the Columbia Restaurant...was very good.
There we continued to drink the bloody mary and it was so good and different....their mix was all fresh spanish style....not a mix in the bottle....Yummy!

Afterwards we walked for a few minutes and headed back Channelside...not much there...so we decided to walk back to the hotel...about a 20 minute walk along The Riverwalk...was very nice.
Then we chilled and then we went and checked out a few gift stores...I was comparing..then we headed to moms for about an hour and then left to head back to the hotel to eat and watch the finale of The Bachelor....which again was disappointing. Then it was off to bed...Lonnie had to work the next day.

After I got up Tuesday morning I headed to moms and stayed until 10 that night...while there my cousin Crystal came by for a visit with her family...it was nice to see her as well. ...next morning back to Texas.

It was a short trip but it was good...I also got to see my brother for about 20 minutes ...he was on his way to Orlando and then home to Jacksonville ...my mom had been at his place that week and he was basically leaving as I was arriving...so though it was short was still good to see him for a minute.

And while gone I did get to sleep in some which was very nice.

3 comments:

Fonda said...

Let's see...sleep in for Robin??? 7:30? Even on vacation you get up too early!

Robin said...

lol....yes...7:30....much better than a quarter to 7

Stacy said...

sounds like you had a fun time and a nice visit!