Monday, May 7, 2012

A Great Day

On Saturday my day started early when this beautiful little girl showed up at 6 am...
her daddy had to work and since I was off I said I would watch her which I didn't mind at all cause I got to spend time with my baby.
 Hayden is so grown up and acts like it too....precious.
  
I had planned for all the grand-babies to come over for a play date so the cousins could spend time together...I was also gonna BBQ. I had gone out on Thursday after work and bought some play stuff for the backyard to keep the kids occupied so we could spend the time outside.
 I bought a couple of pools...this one had an attached slide which I ended up having to take off....
not very sturdy or safe. The kids had a good time going from pool to pool.
 Above Miss Hayden and the picture below shows my view from my favorite chair.
 Liam loved the basketball feature of the pool....he's so into sports and also loved hanging out with his big cousin Colton.
 Colton enjoying a little swim time
 I also bought a bounce house that they loved but that evening the pools were the big hit.
 more swim time...
.... now time for a little dinner...which was hard cause they really wanted to keep playing but they knew as soon as they ate they could finish playing.
Liam and Hayden
 Miss Tayler
 Colton, Liam, Hayden and Tayler enjoying dinner and a little conversation...

you don't know how much seeing this just makes my heart so happy.....I love seeing the grand-babies togetherand having fun.
Liam enjoying a swim 
 Finally it was starting to get dark and was time to pick everything up....Tammy had stayed with me while the kids played and helped watch the kids while I picked up all the toys....Liam and Hayden were already scheduled to spend the night so I decided to brave it and ask Colton and Tayler to join in....I knew one of 2 things would happen...they would either be really wound up from all the play or tired from all the play.
Tammy stayed and helped me get everyone changed in sleepwear and settled in and then she took off to take advantage of some down time....we played a little and then I fixed their sleeping area in my room where we had snack and watched a little TV.
 I could see some were more tired than others and started winding things down....I was tired too!
Tayler was the first one out, after all she had a long day outdoors with Tammy at the school carnival...
then Hayden wasn't far behind her....Colton was the third to go...we probably would of gone sooner (as he had a full day to) but Liam wanted o keep talking with Colton.
Finally after Colton was out Liam followed about 20 minutes later at 10:30 was out.
Below is the finished product....The sweetness of grand-babies sleeping.
Next morning my the last one out was the first one up...Liam woke at 6:45...I hurried him to the living room to cartoons to let his cousins sleep....Colton woke up around 7:30....Tayler followed 30 minutes later and Hayden at almost 9:30....it's funny how quite it was, though they played until the last one was up and then circus began...(lol)

It was a fun day and a day I will never forget.
Love those grand-babies!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

how awesome! looks like they had a total blast!!! great job Grams!

Brenda said...

Now that's fun!! You did good.

Fonda said...

A brave, brave Grams!

Anonymous said...

You are brave to have them all at once but it looks like you had a fun day with all the grands.

Rita