Saturday, September 1, 2012

Switzerland...Day 3...Our Final Farewell

 
So today I will share with you our last day in Switzerland...I must warn you....it's possible this post will be long...I don't want to prolong the end so I will show you everything in one last travel post.
 
As I write this I'm trying to upload a video as to not post as many pictures but having a hard time getting it to load...so, if you get to the end of this post and no video you know why.
 We had decided to head out to Schaffhausen and visit Rhein Falls, the biggest waterfall in Europe...it's a mini version of Niagara Falls but no else beautiful.
 We had missed our stop to get off the train so we had to get off at the next stop and back track...we saw a DHL guy so we asked which way to walk and he showed us a path that would take us a long the banks of the river Rhein...It was only a couple miles and a beautiful walk.
 the pictures you have seen above and some below is some of what we saw on our journey to the falls....I love seeing what I call Christmas trees just growing in yards and sun light on them and they don't dry up.
 
What a view to have out your backyard.
 It was a pleasant walk and such a beautiful day...the weather could not of been any better.
 and a guy sun bathing...
 I know...just beautiful...not the guy...the view between the trees
 you can tell we are getting closer as the water current is getting stronger and you can hear the sound of the water
 pictures do not do this place justice....
 we will be walking over that bridge...there is a walk way on each side and a train track in the middle
 before getting close up to the falls we of course had to buy a ticket....we just opt for the one that gave us the view...you can take a boat ride and get closer but we felt like we had already done that in Niagara that the view was just fine.
 
We actually experienced Niagara Falls together so it was cool to experience this one as well.
 so to get to the falls we went through the grounds of Laufen Castle..a small castle and very beautiful...we did not go in....the view from the outside was good enough
 a beautiful fountain
 
 we have arrived...a big rock type of thing in the middle that has a platform at the bottom that a boat will drop you off and you can walk up it and the boat comes back and picks you up....not a big area to stand on but looked cool all the same.
 more of the falls
and then here is some video (I hope that turns out...I guess I'll find out when I post this post)
 
 
After we had seen the falls and took all the pictures we could take it was time to head back to the train top...the correct one right outside the falls...no back tracking for this girl...I already made that walk.
 
While waiting I thought it would be cool to get a picture of a train tunnel...how many times will that opportunity happen.
 a little countryside on the way back....in all the open land around us we saw 2 bikers
 there were tons of fields filled with sunflowers
 more countryside
 Once back in Zurich we went back to the hotel...freshened up and decided to head out for a early dinner...we walked around a little and decided to try this place...we sat outside and it was directly across the river from our hotel...we  saw this place every night from across the river of our hotel.. it was a good choice.
 
 
we enjoyed a nice light meal and 2 bottles of wine plus one extra glass each...
it was a good choice to spend our last night.
We had a little language barrier with the waitress but she couldn't of been more friendly and really tried to communicate.
 
We sat and talked about our trip, how we were sad to see it end and enjoyed the view of our hotel.
After we were done we decided to walk some of the wine off .
 
 and us being silly...taking pictures of each other
and our last picture together on our European Vacation.
 
We had a wonderful time...had good weather...no rain...the only rain happened when we were in another town.
 
I will say that I enjoyed Switzerland, it is beautiful and the weather was to die for but I so loved Italy...and had I known how much I would of enjoyed Italy we would of spent those last 3 days in another Italian city instead of heading to Switzerland...but still, the whole trip was fantastic....I think about it everyday, especially San Marco square in Venice...I wish every night could be in San Marco square.
 
I loved Italy SOOOO much that I told my cousin to save up, that we are headed back in either the fall of 2013 or the beginning of 2014...I need to go and see the other Italian cities I have not seen yet...and if you decide you want to travel to Italy and need a travel companion, I'm your girl, just call.
 
For those of you that followed my travels on this blog...thank you for taking the time and allowing me to share with you...hopefully you'll return for more blog post to come...I blog on what means something to me...so you never know...you may find yourself on the bog with a great tale to tell.


2 comments:

Robin said...

as you can see the video didn't work...ugh! I will try again later and if I can get it to load I will just load the video to a seperate post

Robin said...

thanks Brenda