Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Toby Keith and Friends

So Saturday some great girlfriends and myself got together for a Toby Keith concert.
We had a pre-party at my house before heading to The Woodlands for the show.
Stacy...Teri...myself...Fonda...Stefanie and Kelley
Above...myself with Stacy and Fonda...these 2 have been the constant 2 friends I have had...we have known each other for 20 years and have been constant friends for that long (meaning that we have been in each others life for that time period)....always finding the time between raising a family and just day to day life to make sure we have our time together as friends...they are also my partners in the yearly "Grandma's Gone Wild" trips...I think #6 happens in February...we also had girls that were friends with each other, and Tammy and Tara (Stacy's daughter) we're in kindergarten together.
 Above: Myself and Teri
Out of all these ladies Teri is the one I have known the longest...she was maid of honor at my wedding...and we go back to some good ole' honky tonkin' days...though in the middle of me raising a family we lost touch, we found our back together about 4 years and it was like we never had parted ways...true friendship testing the bounds of time.
Above: Stefanie...myself and Stacy....
Though Stefanie and I don't have a lot of history we have had some good times together....Stefanie and Stacy are sisters so that is where our history lies...Stefanie is a sweet girl and a joy to hangout with.
 
And here we are ready to hop our ride for the evening
Below: Myself and Kelley 
Kelley and I probably would of never became the friends we have become if it wasn't for a tragic loss in my life (though I like to think we would of have)...There is about 8 1/2 years between Kelley and I...she was my neighbor when we had moved to the country...she had 2 kids and 1 on the way as where I had 1 in college and 1 in high school and another almost there...I was nearing the end of my raising kids and she was still beginning....as you can see, we were both at different places in our lives....during the time I have known Kelley she has gone way beyond what any friendship would require...I am truly thankful she came into my life.
Below: David and myself...the best limo driver ever! He is always on my request list.
Once making the concert we headed to The House of Blues on site before heading to our seats..
Me and my Kelley...
Sometimes I wonder if she thinks, why am I hanging out with this crazy old broad.
 and then my Fonda
And then it was Toby time...we had excellent seats...about 5th row from the stage...some people don't care about the seats...they just wanna hear the music...not me...if I just wanted to listen to the music I would sit at home in my jammies and put on a CD...I like to be able to see and feel a part of the moment....I wanna reach out and touch someone.
 Red Solo Cup....
 Let's have a party!
Was a great night....best part was being with my girls...David got us to my house all safe and sound and where we all slept like babies.
 
Thanks for the memory girls!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not much into country music but I do like Toby Keith and his music. He seems to be just a good ole Southern boy.

Looks like everyone had a great time.

Rita

Fonda said...

Thanks again for the wonderful experience. It was a blast!!

Stacy said...

It was a great evening! Had a blast! Was also great being able to spend the night! I have truly enjoyed the over 20 years of friendship! Thank you for being such an awesome friend!