Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's A Wonderful Life

So...I decided to close the store on Wednesday to enjoy a 2 day rest over the holiday....I just needed a break from work, it's just been crazy.
 
During this time off I figured it would be a good time to try and get professional pictures taken of my grand-babies. Wednesday would be my day to have this done.
I called Jessy to see if I could have Hayden spend the night on Tuesday so I could have her with me on Wednesday and make sure she was all ready to go....it wasn't Joshua's weekend to have Hayden.
 
So, Tuesday night Tammy and the kids drove with me to pick up Hayden and we made a stop at The Children's Place for last minute things we needed for pictures...I needed a pair of shoes for Hayden and hair accessories and Tammy needed some things as well.
 
Afterwards we went to Gringos for dinner...when it was all said and done we made it home about 10 and Hayden and I were in bed a little after 11 after we had our bath and all.
 
Wednesday was picture day...Tammy and the kids rode with Hayden and I and Jenn and the boys met us there.... we had the pictures done and they all came out better than expected...actually the pictures are beautiful....I don't have any of all of them together but I have them in their groups and that was what we were going for...the next one will be a group picture...I'm thinking in the spring.
After having these done we can see where all the distraction lies so hopefully we can get more of what we want next time.
 
I'm still debating on posting the pictures on my blog...haven't decided if I'm gonna do Christmas cards or not...so we shall see...but one way or another I will eventually share.
 
So...pictures started at noon...after the pictures, we chose the ones we wanted...they said it would be about 3 hours before they would be ready for pick up...so I'm thinking I'll be back on Monday to pick them up...but after pictures we went to the Toys R Us Express in the mall (yes...we were at the mall the day before Thanksgiving) and I treated the kids to a toy, they got to pick out what they wanted.
Then we went to put stuff in the vehicle and then headed to the food court for lunch...afterwards Jenn and the boys left and Tammy and I headed with the kids to see Santa.
 
Hayden went right up to Santa and gave him a big hug...but would have no part of sitting on his lap or near him for a picture...but Colton and Tayler did.
 
After our visit with Santa it was close to the time the pictures would be ready and we were ready to head home...thank goodness the pictures were ready...we had been at the mall for almost 4 hours and with children 6 and under...it was crazy, but not that bad...lol...maybe my girls would differ...but it was a fun time.
 
Afterwards we made a stop and then off to take Tammy home as I was to head to Jenn's to watch the boys while they had date night...Hayden was spending the night again so she went with me...but right as I was turning into the neighborhood Tammy realized she didn't bring her keys with her so she had no way of getting in the house.
 
Kyle was half way to work when she called him...he stopped and we drove to meet him...traffic was awful with people heading out of town so I think he was gonna be a little delayed getting to work but traffic our direction was fine.
 
About midnight Hayden and I made it home and off to bed we went...after all, it had been a long day...but a very rewarding day.
 
Now I'm hoping to find some time and visit Santa Town...my friend Fonda takes her grandchildren and it looks like so much fun but so far it has been hard to schedule...so this year it's something I'm gonna try and schedule...but if we don't make it there I will try and find some other fun adventure to take my kids and grand-babies on....I know they are all looking forward to another outing...well, at least the grand-babies are.


No comments: