Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Boys Of Summer....Boy Band Night

July 27th
Jenn and I heading out for 
The Package Tour
with
New Kids On The Block
featuring
98 Degrees and Boys 2 Men   
I was lucky enough to purchase a Package Tour ticket which included a meet and greet with New Kids...There was an Ultimate package to add on to the already package but by the time I found out about these packages that was already gone...it allowed you to also have your meet and greet one on one instead of in groups....next time I will know better....

So below here we are in our meet and greet photo.
Jenn is the 3rd girl going left to right and next to Jordan and I'm on the right end next to Danny.
We had a good time meeting other fans...I might of embarrassed Jenn once or twice but hey...
Momma was having a good time doing this boy band stuff.
Our package allowed us to do our meet and group in what was called the groups dressing room....
it was a room with a couch and they brought in a rack of clothes to make it look like a dressing room..but we had fun with it.
 The concert started promptly on time at 7:30 with a 20 minute set from 
Boys 2 Men
It was too short of a set and they were really good...wish there would of been more...20 minutes at a concert went by like a blink of an eye. 
 Five minutes later
98 Degrees
came out...put on a great show...played about 35 to 40 minutes and played all there hits.
 Above Nick Lacey...just as handsome as ever.
Included in our Package we had a first Row ticket at the stage...behind the second row was a barricade that kept anyone from reaching the stage.

The stage was in a round set up and only about 60 of us inside the barricade....
I must say...the best ticket I have ever had for a concert.
 There is Jenn standing next to the stage with 98 Degrees singing...
Priceless!

And once 98 Degrees were done with their set about 10 minutes later it was
Block Party Time
New Kids On The Block
 They came out from an end stage and hit the main stage right in front of us.
There is Jenn enjoying her New Kids...
 I love the pictures of her at the stage with them so close and her enjoying the show and going back in time for 2 hours....yes, they put on a straight 2 hour show and it was a great show.
 Joey and Jordan above and below all of them...the stage at times would also go around in a circle so everyone had a chance to see them...it was a good concert set up.
 Hands in the air again.
 Jenn at the stage with NKOTB behind her singing my favorite song off their new CD...yes, I bought the new CD when I knew I was going to the show...when you go to a show and your front and center you must know the words to the songs to join in the fun...no fun trying to fake words.
 I guess I would call him my favorite New Kid...Donny Walberg...some of you may know him by his TV show Blue Bloods...I think he's my favorite because he seems more like the bad boy and what girl doesn't like a bad boy.
 And my Jenn again at the stage section that was to the right of us....we really had the best of both worlds when he came to the stage.
 And Jenn with her favorite on stage...When the show was over I asked the question....though you didn't pay for the tickets, you know the cost...was it worth it?
Her response...
EVERY PENNY!!!!
 We had a good daughter mother night...I took her to her first concert to see NKOTB and 20 years later I took her a second time and this time she got to be up close and personal to the her favorite New Kid, Jordan.
 I had a blast...I enjoy a good concert and this ranks tops on the list...I enjoy good music and like to be entertained and I was not disappointed...

As Jenn said....worth every penny!

Thanks Jenn for wanting to spend this night with your momma
I'll Be Loving You Forever!

(Coming in August....more Boys Of Summer)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donnie is my favorite too. You must be a spectacular concert date since Jenn went with you both times. Looks like y'all had a blast.

Rita

Robin said...

Rita...I don't like to toot my own horn but I think I'm a most fabulous concert date....you need someone to have a GREAT time at a concert...I'm your girl!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep that in mind.

Rita