Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Family Vacation Saga....

Good Morning!

Yesterday was Monday and Day 3 of our vacation but I considered it to be Day1.
Day 1 ...consisted of arriving...getting settled...watching 5 grandchildren while the girls went shopping and just being cranky from a long drive and from a warm house.

Day 2... was getting up...unpacking...getting Josh from the airport and then picking up my mom and again dealing with the warm house.

Day 3 ...Going for a walk in the heat with a 4 year old and then being cranky (not me, the 4 year old but then...I did become cranky...lol )dealing with issues in general (what's a family vacation without issues...right?)...hopefully all resolved...and then again dealing with a warm house.

So....to me Day 3 is my Day 1 of vacation because I decided I can let the warm house consume me and ruin my vacation or NOT....so I decided it was time to spend time with Kenny Chesney in a bottle (Blue Chair Bay Rum) and relax like I said I was gonna do on vacation

and that's exactly what I did...in the pool for like 3 hours...pruney  but relaxed...oh and I need another bottle of Blue Chair Bay Rum.

The rental company did end up sending someone else out last night...he did seem to be a better a/c person than what they sent out yesterday morning...he was a joke and I basically told him so.
He's suppose to be back out this morning to check on what he thinks it is so we shall see...I really don't have much faith in this whole ordeal but I have chosen to not let it ruin my vacation.

Wonder what I'll do today on Day 2 of my vacation? That floaty is lookin' pretty good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have spent 3 days with no a/c then I would demand that they return some of my money. I know they can't help it when something goes out but they had to know days ago that it wasn't cooling like it should and have someone come check it before it went completely out.

Other than that, you are right. Just enjoy what you can. You can decide to be miserable or you can decide to enjoy the days with your family.

Have fun and stay cool

Rita