Friday, September 27, 2013

Boys Of Summer Comes To An End...or a Fizzle?!?!?!

So....
September 14th I took off for a quick trip to Tampa.
Back in July I went to Florida and took the family and Kid Rock came to town the day I left....
poor little heart broken me...

So to fix that problem I decided I would go to Tampa to see him on the close of his tour and throw in a visit with my mom.
My cousins Lonnie and Cheri were going to join me at this show and I had a extra ticket so I had called my sister in law who lives in Jacksonville (3 hours away) to see if she would like to join us...she loves her some Kid Rock as well...Of course she said Yes!

We had relaxed at the pool the day of the show and then got ready that evening.
Lonnie's daughter Christina played the role of our limo driver.
Above: My sister in law Laura, my cousin Cheri, myself and my cousin Lonnie.
Cheri and Lonnie had never seen Kid Rock before and not sure they knew that much about him but regardless what they thought...they were entertained.

Having some fun waiting for Kid to come on...
Uncle Kracker opened the show.
ZZ Top was next....and they were awesome!
Most bands like this when they become a certain age should put their guitars away...this was not the case with ZZ Top
And then it was time for the man himself.
I'm still torn between Kid and Bruno...

It was a sold out show.
 As usual it was a good show
 but over way too soon.

The next morning Cheri, Lonnie and myself had a 8 am flight to Vegas. We had originally planned this trip for August but we had rescheduled as we were also planning on seeing the Donny and Marie show and had passes for a meet and greet...this was a birthday treat for Cheri.

Well their show was cancelled due to a injury Donny had so we rescheduled.

Once we arrived in Vegas we were picked up in style...all girls trips should be in style.
Our driver greeted us with a bottle of champagne and opened it for us.
Also waiting was a red rose for the birthday girl.
 Cheers!
 First stop before arriving at our hotel...
The Vegas sign.

All my trips to Vegas I have never seen the sign or made it there and this time it was on the list as the first stop.

It took awhile to get checked in to our hotel...so we had lunch, walked around..etc..
We had tickets that evening to
Chippendale's
our seats were front row and center....excellent. 
Above: Us at the bar prior to showtime.
It was a great show....not the same as a strip club where you put money in the g-string...
we had a great time.
 Above is me with the guys and below the 3 of us
I can't share all our adventures as we are in Vegas and as the rule goes What Happens In Vegas Must Stay In Vegas...

The next day on our list was a day of
Relaxation
and that's what we did.
We stayed at The Mirage and they have 3 pools....a main pool that is big with lots of chairs side by side with lots of people besides you...
The Oasis Pool which is more secluded and houses about 40 people with a small fee
which is what we did and so worth the cost.

We were waited on, they gave you floats there were only about 12 people there including us...you can't get any better than that.

The third pool was The Bare pool...sorry...not for me....lol
 Above: Cheri and I chillin in the pool and below Lonnie chillin' poolside

That evening we decided to go to a show and dinner...we stayed at our hotel and saw Terry Fator, who won America's Got Talent 4 or 5 years ago....he was fantastic.
While in Vegas we did lots of walking and saw lots of things but also got lots of relaxation in as well.
Above is the the fountains at the Bellagio.

For our last night we were scheduled to see Donny and Marie.
We went a few minutes early...had a drink at the bar.
Got to our seat...Best seats in the house...up close and personal.
Was a great show..and then...
the usher comes over to our table as we were to wait there after the show to be taken to the meet and greet.
I'm sorry the meet and greet has been cancelled..they don't feel well...I think...
SERIOUSLY!!!!!
I was so mad, to put it mildly...there was only 15 of us...they did well in the show....I know things happen but come one..it would of taken 30 minutes.
So disappointing and especially for Cheri who was so looking forward to finally meeting Donny.

I'm still a little mad but I'm willing to try for Cheri one more time and if the same thing happens again then I'm done.

See...Donny was my first love...way before Tim....way before Blake...way before Kid...way before Bruno...and I thought my boys of summer was gonna end with a bang...was gonna end with the one that started it from the beginning...
NOT!!
So...our trip came to end...flights home the next morning...we did have a great time, we had fun just being with one another....I look forward to our next get together....I have enjoyed spending time with my cousins here in recent time...cousins are the best
Donny not so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the disappointing ending but the rest of the trips were fun.
When I retire and finally get to go somewhere or to a concert, I will definitely book with the Robin Agency. You always have the best seats in the house and a cool ride to take you places.

Rita

Brenda said...

Right, Rita, Robin can do it. Sure interesting seeing all these post never know what or who's next. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda