Thursday, September 5, 2013

Boys of Summer.....Backstreet's Back...Alright!!!



Saturday August 31, 2013
Destination : Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

I took my daughter Tammy, her friend Ashley and my friend Kelley to see....
Ashley, Tammy, Me and Kelley
 The Backstreet Boys
 We started out early cause we had a 3:15 check in which ended up being a 4pm check in...
Our tickets allowed us to have front row center to Sound Check and Q&A
 It was really a cool thing to sit through and I found myself taking loads of pictures of this guy...the youngest (30 years old now) Nick Carter.
He is kinda cute!
 It was fun sitting through this with my daughter as her and her friend recounted their pre-teen days when they liked The Backstreet Boys and N'Sync.
As I know the feeling as I was a huge Donny Osmond (The Osmonds) fan back in the day and I still am....One thing you should know about me if you haven't already figured it out...I like all kinds of music and entertainers....if it's good...I like!

It's cool to be that close to someone you like or use to like and I'm just glad I got to share in the moment and one day a memory.
But our ticket just didn't allow us to a sound check...it allowed us a meet and greet as well.
 All the guys were very nice and very humbled...they are a good group of guys...and yes that young cutie pie is a little cocky like he's all that and a bag of chips...which he is...he is still a very nice guy.

Concert time....
The show opened up with Brian's son (one of the Backstreet Boys) opening the show, I think he's like 10...sounded like a 10year old Micheal Jackson or Donny Osmond...and then this group was next...
They are called "B-5"....very fitting for 5 Boys.

They sounded good and had some great dance moves...I expect we shall see them very soon in the music scene with the younger girls.
 Pauly D from The Jersey Shore was the next act to open...he did a DJ thing which was loud and very cool.

And then it was Backstreet Boys time....
 They put on a really good show....the place was packed...needless to say it was a sold out show...I don't think I have ever seen this venue so packed.
 One thing I don't have pictures of is we were also (because of our ticket) allowed to go on stage (there was about 30 of us) during 3 songs...we sat on risers behind the boys as they performed an acoustic set.

It was very cool...we had a different view and got to see where the boys go behind the curtain with all the equipment back there....not a lot of room...
It was a great time spent with my daughter and friends and listening to some good and fun music.

I know summer is technically over but I have 2 more shows next week... that to me will end my 
Boys of Summer...stay tuned for my recap.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

How fun! You are sure making great memories with your children. What a great Mom.