Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Deer Is Gone

Today I went to the back of the property and out from under the old covering that we had for the horses (which I no longer have) ran out 2 deer and then the baby deer. So...I knew the baby deer was still trapped on the property even though I had left the gate opened.

Tammy, Kyle and Colton came over and I was telling them my stories...so Kyle walked out to the back and the baby ran towards the front and he was able to get the baby to run out...so then we shut the gate so it wouldn't get trapped in again...hopefully that family will stay gone. That momma was starting to scare me some...she was getting aggressive with the dogs...she got Bailey and Howie once with a kick....the good thing about that is that Bailey has seen deer twice since that encounter and has chosen to turn away instead of running forward.

Anyway...thanks to my son in law for getting rid of the baby deer.

Tomorrow...I'm hoping to head south towards the beach. Hope all you mother's had a lovely day. Mine was relaxful...I did see all of my children and my grandchildren so that was nice.

1 comment:

Fonda said...

We had a very quiet and relaxing Mother's Day around here too. The kids were all here, though we were missing Matt who was working. We even had a chance to take some family pictures. Plus...my satellite is messing up so we spent the day with no sound on the tv!!! Nothing but laughter and baby chatter in my house for a day. It was great!