Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Love Island Time

I'm at my favorite place...The Beach House. Bailey (the dog) and I came down yesterday morning...I think he likes the beach as well.

Today we walked the beach for an hour. He was so tired when we go back he took his longest nap yet.

Later on we cut dead palm tree branches...not an easy task...it took about an hour and a half but it looks so much nicer. I have like 3 more branches to cut but they are too high to reach so I'll need to bring a step ladder back next time. I need to buy one for this house anyway.

Today was a gorgeous day...not so hot...a wonderful breeze. Right now Bailey and I are on the deck...I took a little snooze and Bailey is still taking his.

I'm enjoying a Tortuga Rum, (banana flavored) made in The Caymans....I bought it when I was there 2 years ago...I love it...it's like drinking a banana snow cone. I love banana flavors...laffy taffy especially. I need to see if I can find any of this rum in the states...I've never seen it in the liquor stores...I'm almost out. So, if anyone is going to the Caymans you know what my souvenir needs to be.

Hope you had a nice, peaceful, relaxing day and if not, don't worry....I didn't enough for the 2 of us.

2 comments:

August said...

Sounds like a great "alone time" with your doggie.

You can buy Tortuga Rum in the US now.
http://www.geminispiritswine.com/tortuga.asp

And this website sells different kinds Tortuga Rumcake and even Tortuga coffee!!!
http://www.tortugarumcakes.com/site/index.cfm

Fonda said...

Sounds peaceful! Wish I were there too. Enjoy tomorrow!