Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bailey's Home

Just got home with Bailey...he's happy to be home. His color looks good. He was happy to see me that he had his paws around my neck licking me...he has energy back and that is good. He seems to be a few degrees calmer than before so not sure if he'll be a little calmer or not. I guess the test will be when someone comes over if he knocks them down or not. Honestly a little calmer would be good. :)

He has to go back Saturday for a check and will probably have to go back a couple times a week just to stay on top of his numbers and such to make sure they are going home.

He's also on medication and will be for at least 6 months before weaning him off to see if he can tolerate being off of them. Hopefully he will be able to get off them...one is $200 a month. Right now I'm just glad he's getting better.

For the time being he needs to stay away from other dogs, dog parks, being boarded, doggie day care etc...just to insure he doesn't catch anything. I'm leaving town the end of this month for a couple days and the Dr said i could board him there and they can watch him for a small fee. I feel comfortable doing that so that is nice to know I can do that.

So thank you for your prayers and well wishes and checking in on his progress, I really appreciate it...continued prayers for the recovery ahead.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Fonda said...

A calm Bailey doesn't seem right. Hope he is feeling even better soon!