Friday, April 16, 2010

Good Boy Bailey

Today I headed towards the Beach House with Stacy.... Albert joined us when he was done with work. The plan was to get a little work done and then relax a little.

Since I've had Bailey he would not go up or down the stairs, he was scared. So that meant every time we would go downstairs to potty or walk I would have to carry him. Wasn't too bad when he was a pup but now over one and 60 pounds....not so much fun.

Eventually he got to the point if I carried him down half way and up half way he would go the rest of the way but reluctantly.

The last time I was here was with Jenn and Liam and her dog Howie, about a month ago. Well, Howie just goes up and down the stairs with no hesitation. Bailey did a little better with Howie here but I still had to carry him.

Well...today when we got here and approached the stairs he went right up and when time to go down he hesitated for a second, then sniffed...so I carried treats and then down he went...now we are up and down and I don't even have to carry treats...No more carrying him...Whoo-Hoo.

I'm so proud of him and every time we go up and down I tell him so.I really thought I was gonna have to carry that dog forever...60 pounds is just too much to carry up and down stairs.

Enjoy your weekend....it's wonderful here at the beach.

5 comments:

Fonda said...

Funny! I know you are happy.

Good boy!

Robin said...

words can not even describe how I feel, especially this morning when my body is tired and can barely get myself up and down the stairs, let alone a 60 pound dao.

Robin said...

I meant to write dog (not dao)???? what can I say...it's morning time

Unknown said...

lol... your a better "mommy" than me... i refused to carry brooke around when she hit 35 lbs... I can't imagine 60 and I am sure Bailey wiggled around a lot more than Brooke does

Robin said...

well if bailey could wear a diaper I wouldn't of worried about the stairs...and of course I knew with all the wiggles it was a matter of time before we fell...but no more...Yippee ....He can go down stairs!