Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Day In The Life

Hard to believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I last wrote on the blog....guess life is really busy. I'm still adjusting to being busy and on the go, instead of a woman of leisure coming and going as she pleases...usually less going than coming.

In between the busy time I did manage to spend time with an old friend. My friend Karen and I were best friends in Jr. High school. We reconnected with the help of facebook and after being friends that way for awhile we decided to put a date on the calender to get together. Karen now lives near Austin. So last Saturday Karen made the drive and we spent the whole day just catching up and filling in the gaps between 1977 and 201o. What a blast we had. There was never a lull in conversation, never searching for what to say next, it was just an awesome time. So happy to have her back in my life. Sometimes it's good to go back.

I also found the time this week to have dinner twice with 2 different special girlfriends. I am blessed to have the friends I do. I may not have a lot but those I have are priceless.

Today I went to Tomball. I was in search of furniture and such for the store and had some nice finds. Too bad I didn't have something bigger than a pick up truck otherwise I would of purchased more but I did manage to fill the truck up. I still need more though so it's possible there could be another trip to Tomball in the near future.

So in between all that, my days have been filled with inventory, pricing and making trips to storage...Most days I feel like I'm in inventory hell and surprised I have not had nightmares of the attacking box. The house is a mess, boxes and such all over. Hoping tonight to make some sense of it all.

All in all I am excited for the store and the opening...build out is coming along. Still hoping for the keys mid October...fingers crossed.

Tomorrow I'm expecting grand-babies to be over...all of them...Can't wait...make sure to check back tomorrow night or Monday, hoping to post pictures of them on the blog before the week carries me away.

So until next time...Be happy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the new background! Are you buying furniture for the store or home? Colton is excited to come over. He has been asking to come go over. See you tomorrow.

Robin said...

yes, it's for the store...i'm excited too!

Fonda said...

Glad you found some things. I know it is usually a crap shoot as to whether or not they will have what you want.

Brenda said...

Sounds like fun love to shop...they have TCM I have not been to keep going out to Katy Christain Ministry.

Enjoy
Brenda