Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Dream Becomes A Reality

Yesterday was
Grand Opening
day for
Mimosa Rose
Thanks to Paul who took these pictures for us since we were busy with last minute preps before opening the doors....I must say, wasn't sure it was going to come together.
Jenn and I were at the store the night before trying to get ready...we ended up leaving at 4:15 in the morning, just time enough to get a couple hours sleep and get ready for The Grand Opening.

We had some bumps along the way but we were still able to open the doors.
One of our bumps was the counter area. We didn't have counter tops on until 6 days before opening. That's another contractor from hell story for a later time.
Anyway...Paul is finishing the work, painting and staining them for us...we got enough done to get open.

The store looks really nice with all the merchandise out in place but there is tons more that needs to be put out...some in the back room of the store, some at the storage unit and some still here at my house...just wasn't time to get it all out but every day for the next couple weeks the store will have a different looks as more merchandise is brought out to the floor and walls.

Love this section of the store
A section of our baby, tweens and teens section.

And some of our customers shopping and checking us out.
About 20 minutes before we were to open there were already people outside peering in as we were messing with getting the register to work, getting our snacks out and drinks ready, cleaning up champagne that spilled everywhere.
As the 20 minutes started counting away I was reminded of the old Mervyn's commercials where shoppers were outside ready for the store to open....
OPEN....OPEN...OPEN....
Needless to say we had no idea the line went all the way down to the cleansers that was 3 store spaces from us.
Not sure what we expected that morning but that wasn't it but it was a wonderful surprise.
People seemed generally excited to have a store like this in the area and close to home.
Hopefully Mimosa Rose will be a success...so far we're off to a
GREAT
start!
If your in the area stop by and check us out.
Today I could of gone in and done some work but decided to rest instead, rest was something I needed...I've been falling asleep all day today and it has felt
WONDERFUL!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

this is so AWESOME!! I am so proud of you! the store looks great! a huge difference than when I was there a week ago! :) can't wait to stop in and see it in person!!!

Unknown said...

congrats for such a great store opening! I love the shirt my mom got me from you, I will be blogging about it this week

Fonda said...

I can go SHOPPING now!!! Instead of having you dig through boxes for me! I am so very excited for you. I will be dropping by VERY soon!

Allen and Rita Smith said...

Your store was packed. Looks like the Grand Opening was a huge success. The next time I come to visit Fonda I will have her bring me to your store so I can shop til I drop.

Congratulations!!!

Brenda said...

Well I was thnking how awesome this is for you but I'm reminded of how God's is. He goes far "beyond abundant and exceedingly" of what we except. Happy grand opening! can't wait to get there.
Brenda