Thursday, January 8, 2009

Colton and Grams Day At The Zoo

Today Colton and I spent the day at the zoo and had lots of fun.
I must say...it's hard being the watcher, the one to pose the child for pictures and take the pictures...needless to say most pictures were not posed. Every time we had a posed shot by the time I moved back to take the picture Colton had moved on to something else.Above are the pink flamingos. Colton thought they were cool birds and tall too.
Below are the Zebras .... which was his favorite of all today. That's all he talked about.
When we got ready to leave we made our way into the gift shop and he saw all the stuffed animals. I asked if he wanted one and he said YES so I told him to go and pick one out and he picked the Zebra. I thought the Giraffe was cute so I got that one for him as well.
I'm the Grams...I can do that!

We made our way to the petting zoo and the only thing out were the goats...he liked them though. I have a goat at my house but the ones here are smaller and have no horns so much easier to get close too.

It was funny...Colton kept telling the goats to get up...most of them were just laying on the ground chillin' as if no kids were around at all.

And Colton giving the goat a hug.
And Colton thinking he's all grown up...that he doesn't have to ride in the stroller...he doesn't have to hold your hand and he can certainly walk all on his own and at his own pace.
It was a good thing the zoo wasn't crowded...not sure if that was good for me or for him...but it was good!
I've had Colton since Sunday evening and tomorrow evening he goes to his other Grandma until Sunday morning when Tammy and Kyle return from their honeymoon.
I must say...I'm gonna miss him...I wish I was gonna have him for the weekend as well. We've had a good time and I'm not ready for him to leave yet...but I know it won't be long before he's here again and that's just fine with me.
Take Care!

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures from the zoo. It looks like ya'll had a good time!