Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Party Time!

This past Saturday we had a little party at my house to celebrate my birthday... but I just liked the idea of getting together with my friends.
My friends Stacy, Fonda and Beverly put together a karaoke party for me and we had their families, mine, and a few of my neighbors over. It was all done at my place but I had nothing to do. They did it all and did a wonderful job.
I had a blast and that's all the matters!Above are Fonda, Stacy, Stacy's daughter Tressa, Beverly and my neighbor Judy in the back ground.
I love karaoke. I think it's a blast! Stacy's husband was our karaoke DJ...he has all the stuff and does a wonderful job. This isn't our first time to karaoke.
I will say....I've never done it in a bar but think it would be a blast as well...of course with a little help to get pass the stage fright. Doing it in front of your friends is one thing...especially when your not a singer...but to me that is what karaoke is all about. It reminds me of My Best Friends Wedding when Cameron Diaz sang at the karaoke bar. I love it!
Above is Josh (my son) and myself and below is my friend Fonda and myself. Some how I ended up with her husbands hat on and not sure how that happened...I'm sure I just took it off his head....but it was towards the end of the night so what can I say.

I can't give out a lot of stories...one reason why... I don't wanna rat myself out. Ha! But we had fun...maybe next time we'll throw a bigger party and you all can join us.

Thanks ladies for another wonderful memory!

1 comment:

August said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I can't believe that's Beverly in one of the photo. I didn't even recognized her.

Karaoke is huge in Asia, so when I was in the Philippines in 2007 we did quite a few "karaoking" (is that even a word?).

Happy belated b-day Robin!