Friday, March 21, 2014

Grandma's Gone Wild ....Part Two

February 16

We started our day by being picked up by 
Fredricksberg Limo Wine Tours.

We were headed out to the famous 290 Wine Trail.

Our first stop
Grape Creek Vineyards.

It was a beautiful place and my favorite on the tour.
We visited several winery's on our tour and on our own while on this trip and this was by far my favorite.
It was also the most beautiful sunshine day....something we haven't had much of at this time.
Next stop was Hilmy winery...this was my least favorite...but still a fun time...
The only pictures taken here was this one of the 3 of us in front of the winery.
 Next stop was William Chris...was a nice place but they deal mostly in Red wines and that is something I haven't really acquired a taste for but still enjoyed the tasting and the atmosphere and of course our photo opts.
 Always have to have a great photo opt.

Our next stop was Becker Vineyard.
This was a very nice place inside and out...loved the grounds outside and loved their bar inside.
Our guide Derek (aka Guillermo)  was wonderful throughout our trip...he carried all the wines we bought to the limo, he helped us with the wine selections and what he thought we would or wouldn't like and just a lot of fun to be around.
 We decided to make our last stop in Luckenbach instead of another winery...lots of bikers and great country music...we stayed and had 1 drink and off we were to head back to the house.
Did I mention it was a beautiful day?
Derek got us back to the house, unloaded all our wine...and man did we have some wine...
and this was only round one.

After the wine was put inside our driver waited while some of us changed and then dropped us off in town so we could have dinner....
after all, why walk when you could be dropped off, especially since we had to walk back.
We had a great dinner....I can't remember what the girls had but I had quail and it was so good...it has been a long time since I've had game for a meal...I think I might of even surprised Fonda just a little.

Then back to the house, a little visiting time and drinks in the Jacuzzi ...a great Grandma's day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Day 2 was a very busy day. I love how y'all always include your driver in whatever y'all are doing. You need to be a travel agent. Whenever I retire from full time work and can travel I will definitely book through you.

Rita

Robin said...

this driver was a good and funny driver and he helped with our wines...

Anonymous said...

Got to love a man that helps you with your wine. I'm not a wine drinker I prefer beer or fruity drinks.

Rita