Friday, March 14, 2014

A Quick Re-Cap

January
was a busy month...after family left from the holidays it was a busy time with inventory in the store.
Seemed liked unexpected things just popped up in January.

We had a unexpected death in our family...my Aunt (my favorite Aunt) passed away...Some of you know or have heard of me speak of my cousin Lonnie, it was her mom that passed.
I took some time off to be with family during this time.

My mom had some test that needed to be run so after the funeral I went to Jacksonville while she had some test done. She has since been diagnosed with Myeloma cancer. I went back to Jacksonville in February while see was being treated with radiation.

It is a treatable cancer but not a curable one. In April we will know if the radiation did any good or not. It was a small area so hoping it took care of that area.

I also celebrated ANOTHER birthday.
I can't believe I don't have any pictures to share with you...I don't think we took any.
I had a few of my favorite girl friends come over and we had a good ole' slumber party.
Lots of fun, games, stories and drinking all in a safe environment.

Also in February my brother in law Carl passed away... he was Todd's oldest brother and the last of his siblings to pass. Always sad when people loose their loved ones...hoping for good days for his family.

Now that I've caught up a little... my next post will focus on my annual
Grandma's Gone Wild
trip...which is always a blast!

Until then....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of your favorite aunt and your brother in law. Always a sad and difficult time in anyone's life. It is great that you were able to spend some time with your family during this awful time.
Hope and pray that things go well for your mom.
Can't wait for your pics of Grandma's Gone Wild trip. I've seen a peek of the trip but can't wait for the full version.

Rita