Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Grandma's Gone Wild comes To An End....

 February 18

So today is the last day of Grandma's trip.
We cleaned up and finished packing and  then it was time to pack up the Yukon.

Since I'm a pretty good packer and can make a lot of stuff fit in a small space I loaded up the back.
Trying to pack where our bags, our giftables and wines fit neatly and safely while also making it easy for when the first Grandma is dropped off it's easy to unload.

If I do say so myself...I think I did a damn good job...
What do you think Stacy and Fonda?

Once packed we headed out as we wanted to hit a couple of wineries on our way out of town.
Well...it was 10am and they didn't open until 11 or noon.
So we turned around and went back to town and had breakfast.

Also by the time we were done the brewery had opened so we went in to get these huge giant beer containers filled with beer for Fonda and Stacy to take back home. 

By then it was time to head to the wineries.
First stop was Woodrose Winery
 
 It was a nice little place but I wasn't really crazy about all the wines but I did by a bottle...
by this point we were trying to hit a goal of 99 bottles of wine
LOL

Back on the road we stopped at 
Texas Hills Vineyards
This was such a beautiful place...loved the landscape and the land.
 Wasn't too crazy about the wines here but found a couple I liked and bought them.
But I must say I opened a bottle recently and while drinking it I thought to myself
Really?
I thought I liked this?

Back on the road again...we stopped in Dripping Springs.
We were headed to Dripping Springs to make a stop at Hamilton Pools
 the above set of pictures is the Hamilton Pools and the area surrounding the walk to get there...
and then you see the vehicle, I show you this picture because that is Stacy and Fonda sitting in the vehicle while I parked and crossed the street so I could get a picture of the Dripping Springs sign.

Then it was time to get serious about heading home...It was time for a potty break and we stopped at Buc-ee's.

Buc-ee's is very popular in Texas and the only one I have ever visited was down in Surfside Beach but it's nothing compared to the ones they build now.
This sucker is huge...like a grocery store and mind you, it's a convenience store.

But then again...EVERYTHING is BIGGER in TEXAS!!!

We got dinner here...we got snacks..I got a 5 pound bag of pecans...I must admit...I was loving the pecans but I was really loving the Buc-ee's...you could get anything you wanted.
20 people at once can get a soda with no one waiting on the other...it's crazy.

 Buy clothes, picture frames, toys, etc...all I know is that I'm going to Buc-ee's next Christmas and getting my gifts and stocking stuffers.

You know they have single bags with just one flavor in each bag of Laffy Taffy...
Now how great is that.
Everyone knows banana is the favorite flavor but when you buy a bag there is hardly any banana compared to the other flavors...well at Buc-ee's you can get a big bag of just banana flavor.

I know!
 Needless to say Robin loved the Buc-ee's and it was my most favorite thing to visit on the way home.
 I got everyone home safely....well...I got them home.
Fonda was dropped off first and then Stacy.
I had about a 45 minute drive home from Stacy's...

Our 3 1/2 hour drive from Fredrickberg took 12 hours....We attempted to leave at 10am and I got home at 10pm...I was one tired Grandma but had the best time with my Grandma's...
Can't wait for 
Grandma's Gone Wild 2015
with airplanes and limo's and not me driving!

Oh...I almost forgot..we almost made it to 99 bottles of wine...you'll have to ask Fonda the final count...last I remembered hearing we were at 77 and that was before any stops along the way home.

I wonder who walked away with the most bottles purchased?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard or seen a Buc-ee's but I think I would like to visit one.
As far as the wine goes, things taste better when you are on vacation. That is within the same rule as calories don't count on vacation.
Glad y'all had a great time.

Rita