Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Grandma's Gone Wild....Part One

February 15th

Annual Grandma's Gone Wild.....
Destination
Fredricksberg, Texas

This year we had opt to stay a little closer to home as some of us had some big trip coming up in 2014.

We usually start planning our next trip right after the current one is over...we discuss what we think we might like to do and where to go and then we start looking into it...that is usually my job...I love looking up new places to go and report back to the girls and then we all make a decision.

Anyway, it's a good thing this year we stayed closer to home as we all have added extra trips to our schedule for this year and some of us have add unexpected travels but all in all our choice was a good thing....plus you can never go wrong when you have your girls with you.
It's good to have good friends!
Especially the ones that love you inspite of.

So we headed out that Saturday morning...I drove...yes, this trip did not involved any airplanes or limos (which was the only bad decision of the trip...lol).
I drove because I have a control issue and did not think I could give up control for that long.

We had some crazy road travels at time and Fonda was a trooper sitting in the back not knowing half the time what was going on but could feel the effects...I think I would of been sick...lol...
Sorry Fonda!
Thanks for letting me have my control.

We mad very few stops along the way but we did stop here
So we could have our picture taken with the sad lonely ombre' on the side of Hwy 290...
A girl can never pass up a fun photo opt.
 And then here we knew we were getting closer to our destination.
 We made it to Fredricksberg and our first stop was
Trade Days.

We had a little fun shopping...grabbing some lunch and enjoying a beautiful day filled with sunshine.
When this was taken we haven't had very many sunny warm beautiful days.
 Once we had finished shopping we headed to the home we had rented ....it was just gorgeous.
It was still too cool to use the pool but we did manage to take advantage of the Jacuzzi.
Once we settled in and unpacked we headed out on foot to main street to find a place for dinner...as usual....it was a interesting adventure.

Tomorrow we head out for a 
Fine Time with Wine!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I would get along great as I hate to drive long distances. I would rather sit in the back and read, talk, or look out my window at everything to see if I could find a good antique store or flea market.

Thanks for driving. Can't wait to see what we do tomorrow.

Living vicariously,
Rita

Robin said...

lol Rita...I like someone else doing the driving too but that usually comes in the form of a limo driver...lol...I'm a bad back seat driver though I am a little better than before...next year...limo...walking or another driver

Anonymous said...

LOL

Rita