Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Busy Few Days



It has been a crazy week. I'm tired! This week doesn't look any slower but I am leaving town for the weekend with a good friend so that will be nice. We're going to Fort Worth to look at the Southern Living home on display so she can get some decorating ideas. I'm along for the company and a chance to get away with a good friend. We'll leave Friday and come back Sunday. Also planning a little shopping while there.

Yesterday I helped Jen with her classroom (she's a teacher). So we put together bulletin boards and such. After we were done she dragged me to Memorial park where we walked 3 miles. It felt good afterwards. I've been talking about starting to exercise so yesterday was the start day.

On Sunday Tammy, Jen, and myself took Colton to see The Backyardigans. It was my idea. He loves the show on TV and on DVD. So, I figured he was ready for a live show...after all I use to take my kids all the time to stuff like that with no problems. Well....I don't think he was ready...maybe in another 6 months to a year. We were there 30 minutes early so trying to keep an almost 2 year old occupied when all he wants to do is run around in a crowd was nerve wrecking to say the last. When the show finally started he was good and then pretty good and then just not wanting to be still. During intermission we decided to leave.

We left and as soon as we got in the truck Colton passed out. We decided to do lunch but not sure how Colton was going to behave. We went to Chuck E Cheese (where a kid can be a kid)...and it was good...he played and rode rides and when lunch was ready he was ready to sit and eat and was really good. It ended up being a fun time.

After we were done Jen and I dropped Tammy and Colton off and went shopping....found some good sales.

Today I plan to relax...walk when the sun goes down some and then get a good nights sleep...I have an all day appointment with my attorney tomorrow so I know it will be a draining day.

Until next time be good and be safe and thanks for visiting. Robin



Colton at Chuck E Cheese....Where a Kid can be a Kid


1 comment:

Fonda said...

Well, I guess I just made your busy week even busier! I am so looking forward to the next two days, though. Sorry about the Backyardigans...but, hey, you live and you learn, right? Now I know to wait until my grandkids are about 3 before we try one of those shows. (Though Kelli was jealous that she didn't go to Backyardigans this time!)Thinking of you today.

Love, Me