Tuesday, August 5, 2008

False Alarm

No threat of Edouard in my little area of the beach. After putting up the hurricane panels and deciding to head back to my home in country as not to experience and power outages...Edouard decided to make a little turn and that basically resulted in us not getting anything. Even when I had left the beach around 10 PM I knew this was different....maybe it's because we were on the opposite side of the storm than Dolly..but the water was calm at 140 miles away...Dolly being 300 miles away was really churning the waves. Oh well....as the saying goes... "Better safe Than Sorry". Plus I guess you could call it my dry run to prepare for the next one.

Tomorrow I will go to the house and take everything down. Josh is going to meet me out there. I was too tired this evening. I had a visitor all day today and his name was Colton (my grandson).

Until next time...Be safe! Robin

1 comment:

Fonda said...

'Better Safe Than Sorry'...the mantra of all of us living in the Houston area today.