Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Checking In

Hello Guys! Just an update to check in and let you know I'm still alive.

Things have been busy still. Went to Seattle for a quick market trip. Left Friday night and planned to do market all day Saturday and Sunday and then catch the red eye home. Market went well. Placed lots of orders and saw everything there was to see and and were finished by 5:30 Saturday which left Sunday as a free day. First we looked to see if we could get an earlier flight home but all was full and spending the day in the airport on stand by was not how I wanted to spend the day.

Spent the day down by the waterfront visiting Pikes Market. I've been there before but was still a nice stroll. Went to the Crab Pot where lunch was had. Did a little walking around downtown and then headed back to the hotel for a little nap. Then out to dinner and then off to the airport.

Seattle was nice. It was nice walking around outside with the sun out, 65 degree weather, wearing jeans, flip flops and a light sweater over a short sleeve shirt....PERFECT. It really has me thinking, why do I stay here where it's humid, hot weather near and over 100 on a regular base? It's nice to walk outside and not drip in sweat as soon as the door opens. Not saying Seattle is the place to go but somewhere where there are seasons and cooler weather. I'm thinking about it.

Now my garage is full again (I just had it cleaned so I can park in there)...looks like a warehouse of boxes I need to go through from things arriving. That will be my task tomorrow and the next day and then haul it off to storage. I think I need another unit.

Things are moving with the store...lease has been signed so the process begins. Won't have the store by October 1 like I had hoped but hopefully by the 15th. Fingers crossed. Just means that as soon as I can get in I will be rushing to get it opened. Hoping to move in and get it set up in 3 days.

So, that's pretty much what has been going on...not a lot but then again...a lot.

Until the next report...be safe and be happy.

4 comments:

Fonda said...

Why do you stay in Houston? Lest you forget...we don't get blizzards in the winter, nor does it rain here every day and the beach is an hour away.

Do me a favor? Before you decide to up and leave Texas...visit these places in the middle of winter too! Cause I would REALLY miss you!

Robin said...

sounds like a girls trip in the making :)

Benda said...

Oh Robin I have lived in blizzard winter it is horrible could hardly wait to come back to Texas! the beach(;
Everyday you are on my heart and I think of you so often doing things whereever I am. Love you. It wouldn't be the same without you here and would really miss you.

Sounds like a good gt have fun.
Brenda

Stacy said...

Sorry you are stuck here with your girls - no moving for you!!! ;)