Saturday, August 7, 2010

My So Called Life

The words that come to mind this afternoon are...."My So Called Life, Do I Really Wanna Be On This Ride"?

With that being said...where do I begin? Maybe to some I have not been busy or doing anything of importance but for someone who has pretty much been able to come and go as she please, choose to do something or not...I have been busy doing a little of this and a little of that, that makes it seem like a whole lota something.

I now go to bed exhausted... rather it's physical or mental.

So...what has made me so busy you ask? Trying to combine my everyday life into learning how to become a business woman and store owner. In case you are not aware I plan to open a gifts and accessories boutique. If things go according to plan the store will open mid June in the Katy, Richmond, Fulsher area. At first the plan was to rent space in the actual town of Fulsher and then things weren't panning out which gave me more time to research and check into other locations which brought me to where I'm hoping I will be. There is so much to do...once 3 things are crossed off the list 10 more are added.

The past 2 days Jenn and I went back to Dallas for more shopping for the store. The goal is to get the items in now instead of waiting for after the store opens. Hopefully we can get things priced so once I'm able to move into the place the merchandise just needs to find it's home. Then in 2 weeks I will be heading to Seattle to visit their market. When shopping I'm also looking to find things that are not in a store close to my area or not at all...I want to be different and not have everything that everybody else has. Also looking to have a variety so if you have to make that last minute shopping trip for that last minute gift for whoever you may have on your list, I will have it.

In case your curious, the name will be "'Mimosa Rose.....the tag line is "where gifts and accessories bloom"...I thought of the name and Jenn the tag line.

I'm looking for furniture for the store to display my items...not wanting the boring typical store fixtures...I have some pieces at a resale shop in Rosenberg that I need to pick up today...Paul is going to help me....not sure we will be able to get it all but will try. Josh is working so I have my fingers crossed he will get off before I have to get them picked up. Kyle is out of commission, he had knee surgery this past week and has to be on crutches for like 8 weeks. Getting this furniture made me realize, I need some guy friends. (lol)

Everyday has been a day with something...... research on the computer, meetings, checking inventory of merchandise that has arrived at my house for the store and then whatever else it is I do.

And speaking of merchandise arriving at my house...I have had to go a rent a storage unit just to have a place to take these boxes until the store opens cause I'm running out of room. Hoping I can get Josh to help me tomorrow load some stuff up and take over there if not I'll be taking as much as I can alone. The storage places has long dollies so that it is good...the only caring is in the truck, out of teh truck and off the dolly. It will be nice to have my garage back and the closets in the other rooms as well.

So...there you have it...one reason I haven't blogged that much lately. Busy and Tired.

I have lots of pictures and stories of grand-babies I wanted to share with all of you but have been to busy and tired to sit and write so I'm hoping before the weekend is over I will be able to post some pictures without a story just so you can see how much precious they all are and how much they have grown.

So until the next time be safe and be good.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

OH Yes!! Robin you are such a busy lady you do everything your plate is always full and I believe a busines woman will come natural to you.

This will be so good I'm excited for you. God bless this journey and best wishes always you will be great!
Brenda