Thursday, October 28, 2010

And Life Continues...

It's been a couple weeks since I last posted...sorry...life has just been crazy.

The store is still not open. I've been dealing with the build out phase and fingers crossed it will be over soon. It looks like I may be able to start moving furniture and merchandise into the store on Saturday. Today they were getting ready to do the floors which is one of the big items left.

We are still waiting for the A/C to be finished ....which is a long story that just pisses me off to think about...but fingers crossed it will be finished in a few days. It's nothing to keep us from setting up. If the electrician showed up today then we can have the alarm ready....can't move merchandise in without that.

Tomorrow I will go by the store again and see if Saturday will be moving day....it was suppose to be last weekend and then it was suppose to be Wednesday so we will see if Saturday is the lucky day.

My advise to anyone opening any business that you need to lease space....make sure you know your contractors very well or find a place that is already ready to move in, build out sucks.

I have also decided to sell my beach house. It has served it's purpose. When I bought it I think it's exactly what I needed at the time. Todd had been gone for 6 months, I needed a place that was just mine. While I was there I didn't have a care in the world. It was a place I didn't mind being alone. I actually enjoyed my time alone there sitting on the deck. It was a place where I had no thoughts of the past or the further. It was also the place where I finally had a full nights sleep since he had been gone. Well, I have seen that after moving out of my country home we shared into this home (which has been a year now) it was that country home I needed to be out of. At the time I wasn't ready to let go so that's where the beach house came in....but now in this home it was a new start a place where I wasn't constantly reminded of the loss. Since being in this home I have barely made it to the beach so I figure it's time to say good-bye. If I want to spend time at the beach then it's time to take a vacation.

The grand-babies are all doing well and just as beautiful as ever. I have no pictures to share this post but I will the beginning of the week after I get pictures of the babies in their Halloween costumes....I can't tell you who they will be...it's a surprise and if you already know...SHHHHHHHH....don't spoil it for those who don't.

We had a cool front come in last night and the weather has been wonderful...hopefully it will stick around awhile....especially if Saturday is moving day.

Okay...so you have the scoop...time to go....The Apprentice is about to start and I can't miss The Donald...Until next time....
"It Is What It Is"

1 comment:

Fonda said...

I think the cool front just became a cold front. We nearly froze to death at Will's game! Have a good night.