Sunday, October 31, 2010

Moving Day

Yesterday we started the move into the store. There is SO much to do that I hope we can get it all done in time. I thought we would but now starting to have some doubt. The delay in being able to get into the store has not helped any....and the store is still not completed...almost .... but it was nothing that would keep us from moving in but if they don't finish it will keep us from opening.

So yesterday Jenn and I picked up the U-Haul around 9:30. We started moving stuff from storage just a little after 10. We had filled that U-Haul up with nothing but merchandise . We had to get boxes out of the way before we could get to the furniture, boxes were in the way.

So...we went and unloaded all those boxes at the store and then we went to my house to load some furniture I had in my garage. There was one big piece that is really tall and really very heavy, it wouldn't fit in the pick up so the plan was to at least get that to the store before the U-Haul had to be returned. We got it, it was tough. Paul (my son in law) helped most of the day and his side kicks were me, Jenn (who's limited in what she can do since she is still recovering from knee surgery) and our new part time employee.

So, we loaded up all the furniture we could get and loaded up the pick up with boxes and headed back to the store. After we unloaded we stopped for lunch. Then the girls stayed at the store and did some stuff with the boxes while Paul and I took the U-haul back, then we went to storage and picked up some furniture. By that time Josh had gotten off work and met us at the storage unit to help load the furniture.

Once we got back to the store Jenn and Paul needed to leave to go and pick up Liam and let Howie (their dog) out who had been in all day. So Josh and I went back to my house and got the last of the furniture there and dropped off at the store and then made 2 more runs to storage to get the rest of the furniture there...boxes I can do by myself but furniture I can not...so that was my focus....furniture. After the last run I was tired and we called it a night...it was after all going on 8.

Today would be a good day to work but I have plans with Tammy and Colton today and then wanting to see all my grand-babies later to see them dressed in their Halloween costumes....so today is more family day than work day....tomorrow will be work day ALL DAY!!!!

I think tomorrow I will go and rent the smaller U-Haul and load up all the boxes that are in my garage and in storage and get it over with at once instead of making multiple trips in the pick up.

And then Monday night I need to start loading up what is going to Sugar Plum, we start setting up Tuesday afternoon...as if there isn't enough to do...Oh well...welcome to my world...lol...guess I need to keep that U-Haul through Tuesday.

Check back tonight or tomorrow for an update of my day with the grand-babies....I have a feeling after tonight it might be awhile until I post again but I will try not to let too much time pass.

You can keep up with Mimosa Rose on our facebook page...Grand Opening is scheduled for November 13...Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Oh my, girl, you looked whooped when I saw you Saturday afternoon...and then the big day at the theatre...you are going to need a vacation by February for sure! I am thinking we might need to make it a relaxing time in the Keys! We will sit out by the water and just watch the waves come in. Or, Boston....

I can't make up my mind!