Thursday, October 7, 2010

Me against The Wasp(s)

This afternoon I got ready to ;eave the house and I notice some wasp on the wood of the house above the the garage...I counted like 32.
So on my way home I stopped at Ace Hardware and bought 7 cans of wasp killer.
When I got back home they were no longer there, or that is what they wanted you to think.
So I got out a can a sprayed up in the crack between the brick and the wood.
Nothing...and then a minute later...some fell to the ground and some flew away...then nothing and then repeat, some fell to the ground and some flew away...so I sprayed some more and then again...some fell to the ground and some flew away...this went on for 30 minutes and 5 cans later. I didn't take pictures right away but here on the ground are about 16 of them...there were more but it looks like they moved a little and then really died cause I have about 10 scattered along the drive.
I may need to call in reinforcement...I'm a little nervous at what kind of home may be hiding from public few.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the best exterminator in town I can send you his number if you want.

Fonda said...

5 cans!!!!

Yeah, that's how wasp operate...by the time you know one is anywhere around, his whole extended family has moved in! Best advice...spray, stomp, repeat! And then get some spray foam to close up the hole because they will move right back in as soon as the spray disapates!

Robin said...

thanks Kell, I have one too but I'm hoping it doesn't take making a hole in the garage ceiling...I guess time will tell.

Fonda...yes!!!! 5 cans!!!! a can doesn't go very far and it takes more than a shot to kill those damn things.

I sprayed again this morning in that area and nothing so we'll see what happens this evening...I will try again but I may need more cans just incase :) I feel like doing this all around my house.

Anonymous said...

5 yes thats sound advice and so true they work move bees.