Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just Another Day In Paradise

I'm home from a full week at the beach and I think I'm ready to turn around and head back. I feel like I'm just about ready to move to the beach but not sure I'm ready to get rid of my home in the country. I guess it's a good thing they are both so close to one another.

I headed for the beach last Thursday to prepare for a holiday weekend with family and friends. Tammy and Colton came up Thursday night as well.

On Friday Jenn, Paul and Howie arrived along with friends of mine and their families to beach houses within walking distance to mine. We all played at my house Friday with visiting and BBQ and fireworks that evening. We even had several fires that evening with 2 very close to my house. It was a little too close for comfort that I had keys, cell phone and grandson in hand and ready to leave if it moved any closer. Thankfully it was put out and no one was hurt or any property damage. Was a little scary. You think of a hurricane taking your house out...not fireworks.

Josh had to work so him and Jessy didn't make it for the weekend.

On Saturday we had a good time visiting and decided to start karaoke early that day since we didn't have the time or opportunity the night before. I must say...It was a very good time. I had never karaoke'd before and it was a blast! I think I might of even been a little of a karaoke hog. During the course of karaoke the young adults started preparing the food for the evening. One friend made the comment how neat it was to see the adult children preparing the food while the (slightly) older adults were having fun doing the karaoke. Roles were reversed. I guess it's true what they say....it all comes around full circle. We were able to end the evening early enough for the grand babies to get to sleep at a decent hour along with their parents.

Sunday we relaxed...some of the friends had to return back home to get ready for the week ahead of them and some friends were able to stay. Sunday evening my friend and her husband treated myself and another friend of ours to dinner in Galveston. (The heart of Galveston is only about a 30 minute drive). We had a wonderful dinner and fun conversation. My friends husband got to see what it's really like when we get together for girls night and sit around a table and just have a good time. He now understands why his wife is gone for hours just to meet friends for dinner. Not sure he'll ever want join us again.... but between you and me...I think he enjoyed himself...if anything...he got to laugh regardless if it was from something that was funny or just down right embarrassing.

Monday was a relaxing day...we hung out on the deck from 9 in the morning until 7 that evening. There's nothing like a good ole' breeze off the Gulf of Mexico...it was a wonderful day! At 7 I had to go in and see who The Bachelorette was going to pick as her mate...Let's just say, it wasn't my choice.

Tuesday I spent the day cleaning and doing laundry...there is a little work in paradise but it's different than when your at home doing it...not the same somehow...haven't figured out why yet but it's just not.

On Wednesday my last friend there at the beach and myself went in to Galveston for the day for some shopping and lunch. I bought a few things for the beach house. After we got home and she went her way and I went mine.... it was time for a siesta on the deck. It was nice...another wonderful breeze. Afterwards I went in and had a little dinner and watched about an hour of TV and then went to bed...couldn't sleep so I headed back to the deck and slept for an hour and then crawled in bed. Just needed a little more deck time before going to sleep.

Today I made sure the house was in order ...laid out on the deck and got a little sun and then headed towards home. Stopped along the way and met Josh and had lunch. Now it's back to what some call reality.

Now I'm deciding...when do I go back?

Life is good at the beach....Until next time...Robin

2 comments:

Fonda said...

Thanks for the wonderful weekend! And for keeping our idenities safe! Jim got a good chuckle out of your description of dinner on Sunday night!

Robin said...

I would never give you up...you did that yourself...ha! I ebjoyed our time together. Next party...karaoke for sure...ha