Thursday, March 18, 2010

Muggy and Colton's Day of Fun!

Today I took my oldest grandchild Colton (age 3) out to the grounds of
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
We met Stacy and her grandson Charley.
Oh...and the title...Muggy? That's what Colton calls me...that's my grandma name.
When I went to pick Colton up this morning he was outside waiting for me...too cute...and he looked so handsome in his cowboy boots and belt.
The first thing he says to me....Muggy will you buy me a cowboy hat?
So as soon as we hit the rodeo grounds that's what I did...bought my boy a cowboy hat.
There he is in the above picture with Charley....Two handsome little cowboy dudes.
Above is Colton and I waiting for the pig races to start.
And below us on a camel...yes...me...50 year old Muggy riding on a camel...not sure I would of done this with my kids....oh wait, I didn't... When mine were little Todd did this but he was able to ride with all 3 kids and himself...must of been a bigger camel.
Then we stopped and played a couple games...we didn't win.
Face painting...Colton wanted a crab so a crab it was.


And the pony rides...the line for this was long but moved pretty good for how long it was ...I didn't time it but I would say a good 40 minutes...but it was worth it to see my little wrangler on that pony.
Colton loved it!


Then we went to the farm tractors....pretty big machine, especially when you see how small a 3 year old looks riding one of these bad boys.
Afterwards...Stacy and Charley left us and we stayed a little bit longer to ride a couple more rides.

And get a Funnel Cake and drink for the ride home.
Colton loved his funnel cake...made me think of Fonda and her carnival food review...
Colton gave it a thumbs up.
Then when I took Colton home I got to see this beautiful little girl. I swear she's grown since I saw her a few days ago.

And that's the end of Muggy and Colton's Day of Fun!

5 comments:

Fonda said...

Yay for funnel cakes. It looks like y'all had a grand old day. And I had no idea half of those things were even at the fairgrounds.

The hat tradition continues...even when you stay in Texas!

Stacy said...

It was a very fun day! Did you tell Tammy that Colton wanted to ride the sheep and be a Mustin Buster?? :)

August said...

LOL. When I first saw the Post title I thought it was a "Muggy Day". I like your Grandma name. Fonda is Nonna, you're Muggy, what's Stacy's grandma name?

I love the little cowboy pictures of the two them!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Colton in his cowboy hat. That expression is priceless. It says, "I'm a rough and tough cowboy".

I'm so glad you, Stacy and the boys had such a wonderful day at the rodeo. I will have to come down one year and see it for myself. You and Fonda have made it look like so much fun.

Rita

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Colton in his cowboy hat. His expression is priceless. It says, "I'm a rough and tough cowboy."

It looks as though y'all had a long fun filled day.

I'm going to have to come down there one year for the rodeo. You and Fonda have made it look like so much fun.

Rita