Monday, May 17, 2010

A Day Spent With A Friend

Saturday Fonda and I headed out to Spring. We were both looking for items for the home. Not really sure we would find anything as the last time either one of us had gone we pretty much left empty handed. It started out a raining day but we were game to head out regardless.
I left my house around 8:30 and made it to Fonda's around 9:30 and off we were.
Another hour later we made it to Spring. It was raining but not too bad but enough to break out the umbrellas.
Our first stop...
I found lots of treasures in the store...so much so that after getting home I came to realize I think I need to go back for more.
We walked around a little more looking at all the different shops and not finding much in the way of purchase.
We then started feeling a little hungry and stopped for lunch at Ellen's Cafe and had a nice lunch and were back on the streets in no time.
After lunch it seemed as though we started finding treasures. not sure if the rain ending at that time had anything to do with or not...but Fonda found a table for her sitting room along with some other things and I found a few more things as well. I think Fonda discovered she wanted to go back for a few more things as well.
Before we knew it was 4:30 and we both thought...where did the time go...we had been out here all day.
So we headed to the vehicle so we could go back to the stores we had bought things from and pick them up. We came to find out that most stores close at 5 not at dark.
I have a Yukon and we barely got all our goods in...having the double stroller in the back that I took to the zoo a couple days earlier and forgot to take out didn't help the space issue any....but we managed.
Home we headed for. I got to see Fonda's table in her sitting room and I must say it looks good and I really like that table as well. So after about a 30 minute visit with her, Jim and Bri it was time for me to make my way home.
I made it home about the same time I left except it was PM and not AM.
I was wore out but a good day it was spent with my wonderful friend.

1 comment:

Fonda said...

It was a good time! I still can't believe we spent ALL day out there...but it was good. We will have to do it again sometime soon.