Monday, May 10, 2010

Day Two of My Canadian Adventure

Tuesday was spent visiting The Falls.
We got up and walked across the border to the American side to do a tour called
Cave of the Winds.
The walk looked further than it was and we had lots of opportunity for great photos.
Here I am with my cousin Lonnie as we walked across
The Rainbow Bridge
to get to the American side. This is the border line between the United States and Canada
This is a look out point looking down and to the sides of the Falls.
Pictures just don't capture it's beauty nor the sound of the rushing water.
If you look closely you can see a rainbow down below in the mist of the falls, if you click on the picture and make the picture bigger you can see the rainbow better.
In the back ground across the lake you can see The Sheraton where we stayed...as you can tell the view is much better from the Canadian side.

And here I am doing our walk of the Cave of The winds.
I must say this was
AWESOME!!!!
You walk up different levels of stairs that were built along the edge of the falls...
you get to climb up and feel the rushing water, the winds get stronger and stronger, the water is freezing.
It was one of the best things I have ever done.
The picture below is pretty much the calm before the storm.
They give you these yellow rain coats which aren't flattering but help keep you dry cause you do get wet and some rubber sandals...which I kept to take to the beach house.
After our tour we went and had lunch at The Hard Rock and then headed back across the border.
We relaxed a little and then went and had dinner at The Rainbow Room next door.
It wasn't bad but for the price and type of place it was, it could of been better but I don't think they really care about the food.
As you can tell we had the most excellent view.
After dinner we headed to the room and this was our view....the falls lit up in color. We talked and then hit the hay.
It was a wonderful beautiful day.

I would love to share ALL my pictures with you as there are many but just not enough room in this blog. I already had to go back twice and cut some out as to not make the post too long.
Tune in tomorrow for Day 3.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

that is just so amazing! I love the falls with the lights - how cool!