Thursday, February 12, 2009

Let's Get Physical

This post will be about excercise...ha...I bet you thought I was gonna talk about something else...Shame on you...ha!

I've been talking forever about exercising....it's been along since I've done so. At the beginning of the year I talked a friend of mine into going and getting a trainer to help with work outs but I had to back out because I had too many things going on that I couldn't commit to a certain day and time. She was good...she went without me and got a trainer.

So, that left it to me to fit it in. That started yesterday. Yesterday I started with a mile walk with Colton. He went in the stroller and I pushed. He enjoyed it. I think as long as the weather is good that will be a routine for both of us when he comes over....that happens at least twice a week but I do plan on walking daily as time permits.

Tonight I went to a work out class with my friend and neighbor Kelley. It was at the community center in our neighborhood and the lady doing it is an ex-personal trainer. Man you don't realize how out of shape you are until you raise this, squat that, punch this way, kick the other way all while going side to side. I'm sure there were other moves but you get the point.

I was tired when it was all over but after getting home I did start to feel better. Hopefully I'm on the way to a healthier me.

Tomorrow I have plans but hoping to get home in time for a walk with my friend.... and on Saturday, Colton will be back so hopefully it will be a nice day for us to walk again. He likes looking for deer...they are all over the place where we live.

This work out class is every Thursday and I plan to attend but I did forget that I can't go next Thursday cause I'll be in San Francisco but I do plan to go back the following Thursday. So Kelley if your reading this...sorry...I forgot I'm out of town.

Let's hope when I wake up in the morning I can get out of bed. Ha!

Well, I've kept up with 2 of my so called "New Years Resolutions" so far...let's hope this exercise routine will be #3.

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

great job! keep up the good work!

p.s. why does it shows a blog administrator removed a comment? Did someone leave you a dirty comment??

Fonda said...

I am proud of you! I have to admit that I have missed the last week and a half due to all this illness & now the new baby...but I will be back Monday afternoon for my next workout. And hopefully feeling better.

What's up with the comment? Tammy and I both want to know.

Robin said...

Oh...someone actually had something on there that wasn't meant to be typed in...nothing bad or dirty so in order to get rid of that one part I had to delete it all...I was asked to delete the message...

August said...

Good for you Robin!

I am waiting for warmer weather and DH and I will be walking around the neighborhood. We would like to get a bike as well.